• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Buying a Laptop.

piyushjeswani

Hello Guys,

I am buying a new Laptop with the following config. Please tell me is it good and help me with your inputs. My Budget: $750

Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P7350
4GB RAM
320GB hard drive
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500 MHD
DVD Writer (No need of Blu-ray Drive)

Is this good?

Thanking you

save more money and get a macbook pro. ;) lol, j/k. i personally wouldnt waste money on a windows comp, but, that sounds like some pretty decent specs for the price. upgrade to ultimate though if you have to get a windows machine.

i think the specs are decent but the price is abit high...
What brand are you going for and what is the processor specs?
Also consider visiting a few shops to get an idea about pricing and quality.

That's kinda high, I recently got a Dell Studio for less than that, granted it has a little less disk space.

Anyhow, what brand laptop is this? The specs seem good except for the process, dual 2GHz. With $750 cash, you can expect at least 2.3+GHz per core.

I'd def check out slickdeals.net and get yourself a good bargain.

save more money and get a macbook pro. ;) lol, j/k. i personally wouldnt waste money on a windows comp, but, that sounds like some pretty decent specs for the price. upgrade to ultimate though if you have to get a windows machine.
Are you forgetting that Microsoft don't make their own computers with their OS? Seriously man. :rolleyes2:

OP: What brand laptop is it? I'd still say get something beefier if you can in your budget, which you should be able to if you look. Even though it's borderline, I still don't think Vista is suitable for most OEM branded laptops - unless it's something extreme like an Alienware. Stick to Home too, no point in upgrading the OS if you want use all the features.

Those are definitely some decent specs for the price you're looking at. Gravity Blue might be right though, you may be overpaying for what you're getting. Shopping around and even looking at other models might be a good way to save a little cash while still getting a system that does what you need.

What exactly are you going to be using the laptop for?

Thanks,
Cody
Windows Outreach Team

Back