• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

China block google

OK, but maybe the main reason why china blocks sites? I know they block some a year ago, but now they seem very active.

Originally posted by The Red Guy
OK, but maybe the main reason why china blocks sites? I know they block some a year ago, but now they seem very active.

Oh, you'd be surprised...but you're kinda right. They have upped the security and the proxy blocking devices are just amazing.

On the other hand, they did unblock PBS.org... ;)

looksmart, wisenut and alltheweb

looksmart and wisenut does not collect good source of chinese webpages (they not not concentrate on this?), all the web is a little bit better, but the contents is not comparable with Google, and the only thing that can compete is Cn.yahoo.com, but less contents also.

it is not working well

It is good job to have this, but it does not work for Chinese version
and I seems to strange and not convenient when you just change the direction of the letters.

anyway, it is amazing,

Yeah, it is. If someone wants to help out the Chinese people, they should just create something like elgooG but in regular format.

How can I also?

Sorry, once again.
How can I do the similar service, like that great service you have already created?
where to host?
where is the scripts?
sorry for so many questions.

Originally posted by The Red Guy
they blocked google because of china is a communism country, and they just want their people to listen to what the leaders say, not of the world. If A is right, and the Chinese leader says it's wrong, then people in China must believe it's wrong.

They will block many more websites, because the internet is the one spreading the democracy to China, and the communists are afraid of this . They're afraid of that, Chinese will know the bad things of the Communists.

Back