• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cloud servers

tlchosting

As some of you may know, uk2.net also owns vps.net. And recently they have updated there site and services.

I have a few servers with them, and they seem to be good. There currently accepting beta applications for cloud servers. http://www.vps.net/beta-signup

I am wondering how many here use cloud servers now?

Cloud technologies are the new tendency. They are, to my mind, able to replace other forms of internet technologies in nearest decade.

Cloud technologies are the new tendency.

Agree. In a few years they will have the greater part of the market. That is convenient - paying for what you are using nothing more or less. Honest.

Cisco has bough some producers and providers recently nopt in vain, I believe.

Exabytes Network will lauch its Cloud VPS Linux very soon. It is from OnApps Cloud VPS Linux. Please stay tune and we shall update you sooner or later.

Unsure if clouds will replace the usual hosting soon, but the tendency is visible - more and more providers start giving this type of services, and this means there is some sense in it.

more and more providers start giving this type of services, and this means there is some sense in it.

Not necessarily. Companies follow market trends because that is where the money is. It's no different than teens dumping money into the latest "fashion" clothes even though next year it'll be something else. Does that make sense? Not really. Right now, the two strong holds appear to be Cloud Hosting and SEO Optomization. A few years back nobody cared about either. It's all just marketing.

Right now, the two strong holds appear to be Cloud Hosting and SEO Optomization. A few years back nobody cared about either. It's all just marketing.

Yes, but this demostrates the tendency, isn't it? I think clouds will remain in trends for the nearest years, and people, getting closer to cloud technologies, would require it more often.

"Cloud servers" are not physical servers but a virtual instances. So when anyone says Cloud server, it mean any kind of virtualized environment.

So when anyone says Cloud server, it mean any kind of virtualized environment.

Sure, but this environment should have physical grounds, otherwise it just cannot exist. "Cloud server" may include in fact Several physical pieces of equipment, thus becoming something more stable (nominally) than usual servers provided today.

i believe that cloud server will replace all the share hosting and virtual private server market. Because it will help user to save cost and convince. And do have 99.9 percent uptime with no worries and even backup time to time .
Cloud Hosting almost solve all issues of hosting which everyone looking for.
Mostly cloud server will be use by big company because they need to buy extra server that ready to backup for cloud. That why it expensive.

Looks like I am not alone in the beliefs in cloud servers future. It is common thing for new technologies to replace the old ones without taking into attention their functionality. Just like tablets and smartphones are replacing other computers.

i believe that cloud server will replace all the share hosting and virtual private server market. Because it will help user to save cost and convince. And do have 99.9 percent uptime with no worries and even backup time to time .
Cloud Hosting almost solve all issues of hosting which everyone looking for.
Mostly cloud server will be use by big company because they need to buy extra server that ready to backup for cloud. That why it expensive.

remember what happened to Amazon cloud last month?
Yeah, the whole network down.
although it provide higher uptime, but if the DC screwed up, it will still giving u down time too.

I believe it is just impossible to provide 100% of uptime whatever technology you use. Finally the global electricity collapse may put your servers down. But better uptime is already a worthy thing.

What the hell are you talking about? Global electricity collapse?

I am actually talking about the theory of chances, my friend. This was the example of low chance, but still possible scenario of downtime. Is it clear now?

No, it's not. I see no possibility for a "global electricity collapse" as each power grid is ran independently from one another and from difference sources. If this is some "end of world" prediction, then you fail because your servers being online would be the last of your worries.

Guys, It is nothing to argue about... I may say theory of chances have nothing to be 100% likely or unlikely. In fact there's even a chance for an Earth to explode tomorrow. Maybe it equals to 0.0000000000000000000001 or less, but it is still a chance, no one can be sure in anything by 100%, Mr. Deeplist.
Why do you think no one gives 100% uptime guarantee? the max is 99.999%. Because no one is able to predict all the possibilities for the next moment... In my humble opinion, everyting is possible.

But maybe here the another reason of forum such behavior is hidden...

Wow... such an interesting discussion about a theory of chances... I even do not know if I should interfere here, but I realize the only thing to be sure in by 100% is "nothing is to be sure in by 100%". Such an interesting paradox. I think everyone should know this.

Back