• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Clustered shared host

Ruriko

Would a clustered shared host able to survive massive hits powered on joomla? for example 50k uniques a day?

With shared hosting it would not matter being a clusterd network or single dedicated server, hosts with clusters are the same as a host with a single dedicated server, Just on a larger scale.

Would a clustered shared host able to survive massive hits powered on joomla? for example 50k uniques a day?
no shared host would host you, no matter the size of them.
you'll have to get yourself a good dedicated.

You should try these guys: iMountain.com

Though contact them first (They usually reply within minutes) and tell them the specification of your site etc. They should be able to help you out. :) They do clustered web hosting!

I believe that VPS is the best option in this case.
Guess you may have a cheap VPS from JustGotVPS.com.
All of their Servers:
are Quad Core Dual Processor Servers
have 32 GB RAM
use 10K RPM Hard Drives for the best performance
use 3ware RAID Controllers with 256 MB RAM
use RAID 1+0(10) for Performance + Redundancy
use FULLY Buffered ECC Memory.

Is that VPS managed? which plan should I go to if I get 50k uniques daily? where is the server located?

Last edited:
Ruriko, I believe you may get what you need from HostWW.net because this company provides shared package plans that meet your needs. Their plans include many features (email, web stats, etc.). Their trial period is one more attractive feature.

I have never been a big fan of vps, looking at that site is looks like you will be spending between $50-$100 for a vps. I recommend you find a cheap managed server provider, or indeed a cheap dedicated server and purchase seperate management for it, which could work out around the same price for what you would be paying for the vps. It will be much more beneficial to you now and later.

Is that VPS managed? which plan should I go to if I get 50k uniques daily? where is the server located?

Ruriko, if you really want a clustered enviroment, then I urge you to look at IMountain.com and get a quote!

Assuming that each of your 50k visitors views on average 2 pages and each page is around 26KB (i've taken freewebspace.com page as an example) you will need about 3 GBs of bandwidth. Think of the amount of RAM you might need. The vps providers that you may check are ASmallorange.com Serverpoint.com, both give you a wide choice of control panels and OS.

But we do not know anything about rush hours (there are might be peaks) during which lots of visitors might be lost.
I just would like to keep that in mind as well.

If vps is what you after now, I suggest you checking solidhost.com (vps deals with free cpanels) and asmallorange.com vps deals.

With that kind of a traffic, you need a good dedicated server. Shared servers WILL be able to handle that, clustered or otherwise. But they will not let you remian there, obviously.

Back