• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

CMD says 'java' doesn't exist

DarkBlood

NLC
NLC
C:\Users\Ian\Downloads\Production>java -cp . TestApplication
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

This is on Vista x64 after installing Java Runtime Update 7. However, running the individual jar files will run it. :S

Last edited:
is "java.exe" located in the "C:\Users\Ian\Downloads\Production" folder? or in the system32 folder?

if not - It should be.

java.exe should have been installed when you installed the java runtime libs.

Apparently, the online installer didn't do that, and am forced to compile jar files. *shrugs* It's fine, I guess. I'd also rather not take the chance to use an offline installer at this point. My computer just crashed twice in a row.

You heard me. My brand new AMD 780G (With ATI Radeon HD 3200 Integrated Graphics) crashed (or it may be Vista x64 at fault), not just once, but twice. It seems fine for now, but never know when it may do it again. So I'm staving off on any new system stuff for now.

Will PCs EVER be good enough not to have those issues?

Last edited:
how bout:
"change to ubuntu! get rid of windows!"

Not unless wine works on x64.

The deadline for Wine 1.2 is 2023 (another 15 years!). Realistically we would like to see Wine 1.2 in a much shorter time-frame, perhaps mid 2009. Alexandre's biggest issues:

* Fixing the remnant bugs from 1.0 (the new 1.2 bug milestone)
* Better desktop integration with respect to transparency and desktop mode
* Tests that pass... sometimes

Some 10 year old 'nice to have' items. Would like at least one for 1.2:

* DIB Engine
* Quartz Driver
* Direct3D 10
* USB Support (iPod, etc.)
* 64-bit support

There was plenty of discussion about doing time based releases and Alexandre seems lukewarm to the idea. It is very difficult to quantify Wine's progress and even say if a given build merits a release. Hence there is still a lot of motivation to wait for some form of major time milestone or 'big ticket' completion before release. Early/Mid 2009 seems to be consensus for re-evaluating a 1.2 release.

And Lexmark x4550 drivers come for it, and I figure out how to run jar files in it as well.

What are you trying to do?

Run a java file?

Old runescape private servers may be of assistance here ;)

Old runescape private servers may be of assistance here ;)

I wouldn't know anything about them. I can run a jar file on my x64 vista, it's just slow, especially when there's sound involved (Since my Microsoft HD Audio lags heavily after it's been idle.)

I highly doubt it. If they do not many people would use it given Google's reputation in regards to monitoring activities.

Not sure if this would fix your problem but when your at the Start menu right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator, a lot of commands including ipconfig /flushdns work this way only.

Back