• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

co.cc domain part 2

Sain Cai

Beautiful Daddy
NLC
I accidentally deleted one of my co.cc domains when I was clearing out the ones I havent used in a while. Now when I try to get it back, they are prompting me to pay 3$ to get it. I thought that these domains were free for a personal, non-commercial website?

Does anyone else have this problem when signing up?

I don't use .co.cc anymore, and when I did I used one, and to be honest never trust those kinds of things, TLD's are much easier to use and more secure. Why don't you just get a TLD?

It's happened with me too .
Ever since i've decided i'll never ever use co.cc myself .
There are better alternatives available , so i don't really have to worry about it :)
Besides we can all create such a subdomain off our own domain too ;)
Br,
Aloycasmir

I don't use .co.cc anymore, and when I did I used one, and to be honest never trust those kinds of things, TLD's are much easier to use and more secure. Why don't you just get a TLD?

No cash. I have been disabled for the last 2 years, and spend my savings on keeping up with bills.

It's happened with me too .
Ever since i've decided i'll never ever use co.cc myself .
There are better alternatives available , so i don't really have to worry about it :)
Besides we can all create such a subdomain off our own domain too ;)
Br,
Aloycasmir

Well one of the hosts I use, I had used for a website that never really got off the ground. I have dabbled with different hobbies, from different Vid games to Sports related sites. Its hard to pass off a Crusades named subdomain for a Chinese historical Simulation based site :D

I accidentally deleted one of my co.cc domains when I was clearing out the ones I havent used in a while. Now when I try to get it back, they are prompting me to pay 3$ to get it. I thought that these domains were free for a personal, non-commercial website?

Does anyone else have this problem when signing up?

it looks like ur website is very active, coz from wat i know, those co.cc domains which is very active, when they were dropped, they will all become "premium domains" coz they expect you to buy it back someday.

i never use co.cc now, coz they always change their policy and ask ppl to pay.

Nope, because I already notice their actions before most people notice since 2006 I saw those price tags appeared and that make me start curious. That made me start use those http://freedns.afraid.org service instead since 2006.

In 2005-2006 most people still get fooled by co.cc's subdomain except some of us that notice. Even worst people start mixing. Like co.nr it's nothing than free url redirection but people call it free domain which it doesn't work on ns1. ns2. like co.cc. On that year I've done collection of free domains & split 3 major types till I know that it's just "free subdomains+dns service", "free url redirection","short url".

I'll plan to buy TLD soon later.
Those co.cc I never seriously use them than play for fun. Include those co.tv,uni.cc,co.cz.

these "free subdomains+dns service" are actually very useful when u r trying to test something.

and from wat i see, it is also good for 1 thing, phishing sites!
lol

i always get lots of spam and linked to these co.cc sites.
lol

Yes, That's a good service too. If you hunt through the domain list you can find some good ones. Just wish the search was better.

afraid dns is indeed a good service.
but if the domain owner removed the domain from afraid dns, then it would be a problem.

so it is better to choose those domains who have hosted very very long in afraid DNS and use them.

Back