• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Comments please on a proxy site

Sitebee

UFO Hunter
NLC
I have a proxy site up, Had it for a couple of months now, so far so good.

last month 800+ unique visitors, 60 GB bandwidth. (march)

Is using a php proxy script, and i have tried to keep the site as simple as possible (no ad, forums etc etc) And i intend to keep it that way.

But theres room for improvement! so comments/suggestion please.

heres the link http://srproxy.co.uk

Well one suggestion is try to change from the default layout, I know that u are not using ads on the site, But try changing look of the site from the default one..

Change The Site Colours and Get A Pro Banner Made (I Can help Out, PM Me)
Get Some Ads On The Site ()
And Only Include Under the Browse bar ::
Remove Scripts
Show images
Store Session Cookies
As The Others Most Users Wont Know What they Mean And The End up Using up 100s of B/W In the Process

Looks good! I don't like the color green, but it's a good execution of it anyway. :)

Scroll down to the bottom of this forum page and click the little double arrow on the upper right of the quick reply box. You will see it collapse. Click it again and it will restore.

I think you should try to include all the options/advanced settings in a collapsed box, then have a link under the input box for "advanced settings" and when they click that have the box expand into view.

I would think that most people are just going to come to the site and go straight to the browse input.

Other design elements I think need attention:
1. The page bg color and the content bg clash. I would consider changing one or both.
2. The links in the upper right need better styling. Maybe some light weight graphic buttons instead...

Overall I think it's nice, just needs a few tweaks here and there.

To be honest...

I really like your proxy. I don't like to use anything covered in ads. Plain and simple, and the green is easy on the eyes.

A+ - Nice Job, Site is fast to.

Back