• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Concerns about a file host

Holasenior

Hi,
unless this has already been discussed here, the following free file host puts a trojan on one's computer when its download plugin in being installed:
file2you.com
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?p=925248

I hope the member who posted this forum message is not the owner of that file host, unless this whole forum is backed by dishonest people?

I'm not accusing yet, I have not been here long enough for that, all I know is that I registered a random nick a few days ago to reply to that file2you.com forum message and I was told that the message would reviewed before showing in this forum, and 2 days later the message has not appear and my username was deleted.

If the message I'm currently writing indeed appears without being seen by the mods first (I haven't clicked 'submit' yet) I would suggest caution by everyone here.

Unless it's an all criminal board? lol

Sincerely,

Hola

It would be of great concern by the board members, but to try and degrade everyone here is ridiculous. Also, the post that you said was deleted is still there. I take offense to your message and think you should re-word it to actually make some of us check out what your saying.

Also, if your previous post that you say was deleted was wrote in the same manner, I applaud the moderator who deleted your post. If you want to be taken for real, give us a little more info. What antivirus was you using? What type of Trojan did it detect?

Again, i do think you should edit your post and remove the negativity towards the members of these forums. The "lol" does not make the insults any better.

Brandon
The FBox Network

Sorry if it offended you, I guess I didn't express myself the right way ;)

As for the virus, what happened is I sent the file's URL to a friend while in chat with him and he told me that while installing their download plugin he got a trojan, saying "wow it was hard to delete", I didn't bother asking him the name of the virus and apologized to him for giving him that link saying I didn't know about it, and when I go download the file myself I am not asked to install that plugin, maybe it has to do with the IP address or I don't know, but I just went on and searched for another host, and thought I should drop by here again where I found the host in the first place and tell everyone to be careful.

Goodbye.

Those file hosts pay for themselves through showing ads, and some ad networks aren't too scrupulous or careful and allow some advertisers to provide ad code that tries to have browsers download trojans or spyware.

That would be my first guess about what may have happened to your friend, or maybe a false positive. Filehosts tend to be much trafficked and one that would systematically force unwanted-ware on its visitors would IMO quickly generate a ruckus.

Edit : Misread, the trojan is apparently inside the downloadable plug-in. Then yeah, the practice to have people unwittingly "pay" for the premium access and increased download speeds those plug-ins are usually advertised to grant, by inserting some spyware or spyware-ish facilities isn't too rare. Just avoid using them at all, or at least search about the particular piece of software first.
Even e.g. MegaUpload does it, their plug-in installs the Alexa toolbar if I remember right.

Last edited:
Hi,
unless this has already been discussed here, the following free file host puts a trojan on one's computer when its download plugin in being installed:
file2you.com
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?p=925248

I hope the member who posted this forum message is not the owner of that file host, unless this whole forum is backed by dishonest people?

I'm not accusing yet, I have not been here long enough for that, all I know is that I registered a random nick a few days ago to reply to that file2you.com forum message and I was told that the message would reviewed before showing in this forum, and 2 days later the message has not appear and my username was deleted.

If the message I'm currently writing indeed appears without being seen by the mods first (I haven't clicked 'submit' yet) I would suggest caution by everyone here.

Unless it's an all criminal board? lol

Sincerely,

Hola

You're a noob and you're trying to accuse every single person who participates at FWS of being a criminal?!?!?? EGADS!! You're mad!! :mad:

Back