• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

!!!!!constant freezing!!!(virus?)

veggie1232

!!!!!constant freezing!!!(virus?) please read

Hey, so here is what happend my computer warned me i had low space on my computer and even with such low space it still was pretty fast so i went to add and remove programs and removed a couple things i installed a wile back but didnt use any more every thing uninstalled very well accept (LIME WIER) it was like are you sure you want to uninstall and asked like that 4 times then it said to reboot my computer so i did that and now when ever it reboots lime wier thing pops up even though i uninstalled it. and somthing infront of that pops up and says somthing about a currupt file which isnt reeally the problem but i think because of this myc omputer is freezing so i have to HARD boot my computer which isnt good for it

WHAT DO I DO???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i make money off my c0omputer and cant continue untill it is fixed. im on a computer at the library :( please help )

Last edited:
Id say backup and reformat, or bring it to geek squad to have an OS Service done.

Also go to UltimateBootCD.com and burn yourself a copy of that diagnostics CD, and run a memory test as well as DFT on your hard drive (Drive Fitness Test), and see if its a hardware problem, if it is that will narrow down your options as well.

Last edited:
if i where to reformate it wouldnt all my files get deleated? i do design and all my designes would be deleated :(?

also my computer didnt come with a cd to reformat it im not to good with computers like how they work

veggie1232 said:
if i where to reformate it wouldnt all my files get deleated? i do design and all my designes would be deleated :(?

also my computer didnt come with a cd to reformat it im not to good with computers like how they work

backup..backup..backup.

I cannot stress enough the meaning of a BACKUP. Only fools don't backup.

veggie1232 said:
what u mean back up (im confused)

you mean have a backup of all my important designs?

That's exactly what he means.

One of the cheapest ways to do daily backups (assuming you have a CD-RW drive) is to burn all your important files to a rewriteable disk.

yeah i didnt do that :'(

but that cant help me now telling me what i done wwrong cant fix it now but will help in the futur how do i fix my computer without losing all my files

reboot with F5 and select last known good configuration. then back up all your stuff. if you still freez up with last known good config, then make sure you hace a windows bootable cd, make sure your bios settings are set to boot to cd first, then a: drive, then master disk. this will make it so that it will try to boot to the cd. if it is a bootable disk and you have the settings set right in the bios, then a message will come up to "Press any key to book from CD...", make sure to press any key and boot from the disk. once you do this, it will go through a setup process of checking for files. continue through all of the choices that you need to go through till you get to a screen that will ask you if you want to setup windows. once you click say that it is ok to set it up, then it will tell you that you already have a version of windows on your comp, and will ask if you want to try to recover windows or continue with a setup and format. choos to recover windows. it will go through a process of deleating your main system files, but not any programs or documents, and it will install new clean operating sysyem files. and then it will reboot itself. once it reboots, hopefully you will be able to get in to windows without it freezing. if you do, back up all the important files that you know are not infected with a virus. i would then go through the same boot from cd process and select to format the disk and setup windows. deleat the partition and setup a clean version. if there is a virus, this will remove it. you will also want to get a copy of norton internet security 2005 or 2006 and it will automatically install antivirus. this will keep your comp safe in the future. also get a registered copy of ad-aware professional, not the personal edition since it wont do anything, and also download the yahoo toolbar. it has a breat popup blocker and anti spyware utility. you are set if you can get through all of this. if you need more help, call me at 480.233.5006, and i will walk you through it. good luck

yeah, and always remember to backup (i'd better do one now :eek:)

jstgermain, future advice, please try to break up long posts like that so its easier to read.

ok when i get home i will try that but when i reboot for some reson itt doest go to that one black screen thing with the white/silver writing ionno why it might im just not remembering that part lol but im going to try

thanks ill let you know if it works i printed it out to take home

@#$%^&*(EVERYONE PLEASE STILL POST SOLUTIONS TO MY PROBLEM)%^&*#%$)

Thanks

Last edited:
ok so this is what i figuerd out. I dont have any cd's for my computer that will like reformat it but this is whati figuerd out with germains help :)

so when i pressed f5 my last config still was messed up and i got kind of confused. you see im on my computer now in safe mode so it wont let me do anything much like download anything but i can save all my files that i need to save :) and then im going to go find a reformat cd that will work well with my computer reformat it and then load my files back onto my computer? you think thats a good idea and will fix all my problems?

Assuming it's not a hardware issue, formatting & reinstalling everything from scratch will probably help.

This is what you get for installing LimeWire on a PC you make money on. Go to CompUSA, and buy a new PC. Help the Economy.

hottweelz said:
This is what you get for installing LimeWire on a PC you make money on. Go to CompUSA, and buy a new PC. Help the Economy.

errg i hate people who dont know what there talking about if this where a matter of just going to buy a new pc then i would hafd done that i dont even have any money niether does my mom.i dout i should really go buy a pc when we can barely afford the rent so yeah. (and its nota virus)

Back