• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Control Panels

pgosling said:
Not used that one a great deal...............

I think you asked for peoples opinion on cp, so why you post such a reply (to increase your post count or something) ? We all know that you used Helm .

I like DirectAdmin, but it's a little "not user friendly" so I use cPanel for my clients

In my opinion cPanel is the best panel out. The only one mentioned that I dont have much experience with is DirectAdmin. By the comments made I may relook at it.

I LOVED hsphere when I had it on my servers until I had a management company botch it up. hsphere was great until you needed support for it, all the popular management companies seemed to have minimal knowledge of it especially when it had problems

cpanel is no where near the quality and cleanliness of hsphere but everyone supports it and it easy to compile custom stuff with where as hsphere was strictly by the book. I would love to do hsphere again but I am not smart enough to manage my own systems to my overly anal requirements

I've been on cpanel now from hsphere for 140 days according to my uptime reports. so far so good with only minimal problems

cPanel is the best control panel. Many clients ask for cPanel, it offers different features, like addon fantastico which is probable one of the most advanced script installer.

AvailNetworks said:
hsphere was great until you needed support for it, all the popular management companies seemed to have minimal knowledge of it especially when it had problems
That's why you go direct through PSoft. :p

But yes, H-Sphere is really above and beyond any other control panels. It's the most polished and complete automated hosting solution out there.

In the present situation Cpanel is the most popular control panel among all. Most of the customers are willing to use cpanel. But i personally love webmin. It is more cool and bugless then anyother control panel i ever seen. It might not be cool on looking but it is really cool for geeks.

http://cpanel.net
http://www.webmin.org

Regards

My opinion:
1) DirectAdmin
2) cPanel
3) Helm
4) H-Sphere
5) NO control panel
6) Plesk
:p
I hate plesk with a passion.

my favourite

1) directadmin
2) cpanel
3) h-sphere

also I took a look at digipanel a new control panel comming out soon,
it looks pretty good not sure how light it is on the servers though ;)

we offer our own in-house control panel to customers.. although we do get a lot of customers who are looking for either cpanel or plesk

Back