• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Core dumps

H.U.G.E.

I have a problem guys ..

my hosting space is filling with some files (core.xxxx(numbers)) , core dumps ..

I don't know fro where to stop them , or how to solve the problem ..

I was hosted on another server .. there not a single core file .. here once deleted , the file comes back ..

any guidance ?

You can just delete them, contact your host though before you do so they can see what's going on, they're usually left behind after an app crash.

Try downloading a small one and opening it in a text editor to see what it says, it should id what's having a problem.

i know i can't delete them ... but they show back ..
i done that(open the core dumps into a text editor) but only unknown characters are showing

I don't know what ssh means ..and how to use it ... i have a shared hosting account ..i don't know if i have access to run comand's..

If your on a shared package you most likely won't have shell access, is there a really small one (up to 100k say, could be bigger if not) that you can move to your public_html folder and give us a link to download and look at it?

Looks like the account 'tryautos' has a script running (getpaid1/promote.php) which crashes the libsepol.so module.

Copy and paste it to your host on a support ticket (it's a shared account right?), that should help them sort it - which they should have done anyway! :wink2:

Is that sig new :idea:

Here's a thing - it's your account and your file causing the crash dump...

This file - getpaid1/promote.php

Now you can sort it, and now we know what type of site and script it is I don't wonder why anymore :devious2:

Back