• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cpanel vs Directadmin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Friends

This is a intro post. I am new to this forum. Hope everything goes well with my learning process here.

Thank you.

for your information, this thread is a discussion thread about cPanel & DirectAdmin,

this thread is not a self introduction thread
:)

i personally feel that cPanel is easier to use, and i like it more myself. everyone will have mixed feelings depending on what they are more comfortable with, normally depending on what they started with. so, just pick one and try it is what i say. that will probably end up being your favorite. ;)

Because of the usability factor, Cpanel has more users. As for stability goes, there are servers which have uptimes over 98% with Cpanel running on them and go without a single reboot for months together.

honestly, both are good enough, and have their own advantages, which we already mentioned a lot in earlier posts.

but i just can't stand those ppl who over fancy about cPanel and defaming DirectAdmin while they never even used DirectAdmin b4.

It's just about the requirement and usability. Cpanel has been in the industry for a really long time and there are many users on it than any other control panel. They have got features that really help the user understand things happening with their webspace. Hence the popularity.

It's just about the requirement and usability. Cpanel has been in the industry for a really long time and there are many users on it than any other control panel. They have got features that really help the user understand things happening with their webspace. Hence the popularity.

same goes to DirectAdmin.
and wat u said is clearly shown that u never even used DirectAdmin b4

We have heard comparisons about the two in the above posts. Like I said it's all in how you perceive the useability of the panels. There are some features that are good and some which you might not be comfortable with. Like the old saying goes "Let your faith help you"

We have heard comparisons about the two in the above posts. Like I said it's all in how you perceive the useability of the panels. There are some features that are good and some which you might not be comfortable with. Like the old saying goes "Let your faith help you"

in other word, it means that u admit for saying DA not good while u never used it b4.
:)

@CS Squad: Have you used any other control panels besides Direct Admin? ..

yes, for web hosting:
cPanel, DirectAdmin, VHCS, ISPCP, VistaPanel, Webmin, Virtualmin, LxAdmin, Plesk(I hate it), HELM(I hate it too), LayeredPanel etc

still have a few more, but now can't recall wats their name already.

WHM is the administrative panel which has more features related to even a clustered environment. From the end users perspective, Cpanel has all the features that he needs to manage his webspace.

I like them both, but not their licensing. While the "best" doesn't exist outside personal preferences, I would probably pick cPanel everytime if the price is right. They're like Apple, they just have the thought in people's heads that they're the better option through marketing.

Couldn't have given a better example Stephen :)
I only miss a one page says it all sort of a theme in direct admin .
Rest everything is the same , with lesser ram consumption .

Yet , CPanel has caught everyone's fancy somehow :)
Not that it isn't worth all the praise it gathers , but you know , it's got that sort of an aura around it that keeps all competitors from gaining on .

WHM is the administrative panel which has more features related to even a clustered environment. From the end users perspective, Cpanel has all the features that he needs to manage his webspace.

u r trying to say DirectAdmin can't do the same thing huh!?
try other web hosting panel before you start comment please!
if u dunno what you are talking about, then dun talk

u r trying to say DirectAdmin can't do the same thing huh!?
try other web hosting panel before you start comment please!
if u dunno what you are talking about, then dun talk

I never said that Direct Admin does not have an administrative panel. Every control panel has an administrative panel and a user panel. That's common logic and need not be pointed out. If Direct admin suits you mate, then go ahead and use it ... I was just pointing out the comfort I had with the panel. And please refrain from the commanding sentences :shame:

honestly, u should try other things and compare b4 giving more comments.
coz when you willing to try more things, then only u will be able to find out that sometimes what other people experienced may be true.

open urself to more options and try, then learn.
you know why Malaysian can't improve their knowledge fast?
this is the reason why, not willing to accept something that they not familiar and keep on thinking that what they familiar is the best and refuse to accept other people's suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back