• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cpanel vs xpanel

Which hosting control panel for free hosting do you prefer?

• cPanel

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • xpanel

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

niyogi

I'd like to get an idea from users out there which they prefer - cPanel or xpanel? I'd think that if they had the option, cPanel would be the clear favorite but perhaps I'm wrong.

I'm turning this into a poll and would love to have your thoughts. If you choose "Other", please post which you prefer and why. Thanks!

Roj

I would say that XPanel is great for instant signup mass free webhosting like geocities, but for anything other than that it just doesn't hold up.

cPanel is vastly superior and is a full webhosting control panel. XPanel was never intended to be that so the comparison is unfair.

Now if you would like to compare the UI of two hosting setups side by side. One using something like ClientExec or iPanel (a billing system) with cPanel and then XPanel's own signup system and control system that might be a bit more fair.

Zach:

Good points. I don't know about instant sign-ups with free hosting - I've been getting an insane number of "fraudulent" sign-ups these days.

Argh.

Roj

I think xPanel is more suitable for free hosting. If a free hostee gets the same benefits as a paid hostee, the hosting business would be burried six feet under

mr.d1n1 said:
I think xPanel is more suitable for free hosting. If a free hostee gets the same benefits as a paid hostee, the hosting business would be burried six feet under

Unless you don't sell webhosting. :wave:

These are fabulous posts guys - it seems though that free cpanel hosting would be harder to sustain by virtual of the recurring sticker price. (I know that if you buy direct, you're paying close to $50/month per license - unless you have 10 servers).

Roj

cpanel is nice as it's the most favorable among the majority of clients, however the problem with using cpanel is it takes up so much space and resources you need to keep track of who is actually using there space, and also i bet i will get flamed for this but with cpanel youhave so many 3rd party apps included that you need to take extra steps to securing your server as it's more likley with the more stuff you have included the better chance someone finds a hole in something that can comprimise your server.

Xpanel is not bad and is taylored for free hosting. You are just limited with less extra features that cpanel provides. Plus xpanel with having less added features runs faster with more accounts with allowing for more accounts per server due to using less space per account.

Directadmin Owns cPanel is a well displayed mess (never tried xpanel)
the only reason n00bs like cPanel is becuse they dont have to get off there --- and install phpnuke :p

directadmin uses way less resources, it's excelent for keeping a smooth performance on your server - I said the same that underg, but with nicer words ;)

xpanel is too simple, but if you want to provide only free hosting, it's a great choice

Personally I like cPanel, it's the only control panel I've used; and I haven't had any problems with it. It comes with some nice features also.

Back