• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Crissic.com HORRIBLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreak9i6

I posted this at webhostingtalk as well but people here should know.

These guys resale burstnet servers. Fine.

Its been nothing but trouble since day 1. Setup took several days and I was promised my account would be credited for the setup time.

This has never happened. I wouldn't make a big deal about it but the system was setup incorrectly to begin with (I asked for freebsd, got some linux variant). So another 2 days go by. Finally my system is setup and ready to use. I try to login with the info given, lo and behold, no root login because ssh was configured to deny remote root. Now acutally this is good practice, but I wasn't given an account to login with other than root.

Another day goes by (at this point 7-8 days from payment 1/4 of a month) and finally I'm able to login.

This is where the problem gets worse! ssh connections are taking 15-30 seconds to establish, sometimes up to a minutes. I paid for unmetered account and for whatever reason the server is unable to sustain more than 300kb/s transfer rate up or down.

So now it takes forever to login, transfer rate sucks. Oh ya did I mention the connection just drops?

So now I'm basically being told to suck it up, they don't have control and are unwilling to refund me. The support is rude and indignant to my problem. I get one line responses "We are looking into it" and promise "It will be fixed today". The next day its "There is no problem." But I am still experiencing issues.

I would expect the problem to be me, but I connect from several data centers that my day job owns with various links to level3, ELI, sprint, att. I see the problem no matter where I am, even the starbucks/tmobile wifi.

So buyers beware, small startup types offering unbelievable deals are in fact too good to be true, stay away. After my long winded discussion with Skylar the CEO, the TOS changed.

Beware this operation is shady.

I think a lot of the problems are Burst, GR has been having similar issues. The problem here is Crissic needs to work on their client management. DC messing up? Fine, let your clients know that's the case and that you're investigating and exploring alternative datacenters.

I have 3 servers with BurstNet and all of them do that ;)

I suggest you take it up with them.

Also if you have 10Mbit unmetered, expect 300Kbit's and lower.

I think a lot of the problems are Burst, GR has been having similar issues. The problem here is Crissic needs to work on their client management. DC messing up? Fine, let your clients know that's the case and that you're investigating and exploring alternative datacenters.

It's not with burst, or at least the datacenter they have me in doesn't have any problems.

I finally got my server yesterday, I have had zero issues with it. Of course, im not directly with burst - im with another reseller of burst. However, something you should take into account is both GR and Crissic keep getting bad reviews, and all of their responses seem to be slow and only have one line each.

Then again, I could just be lucky. But im getting sick of these threads. Even if the issue was with burst, it still does not explain why GR and Crissic continue to have these issues. They should have changed providers at this point, seeing as they haven't I can only assume the problem is on their end.

This is where the problem gets worse! ssh connections are taking 15-30 seconds to establish, sometimes up to a minutes. I paid for unmetered account and for whatever reason the server is unable to sustain more than 300kb/s transfer rate up or down.

Yup, only mine is some 150KB/s. go to speakeasy.net/speedtest and you will notice, should you test your speed in seattle its exactly as I just said, however should you test it in Washington DC, its some 950KB/s upload and 2000KB/s download. Now I don't know much about network, but I would assume the more distance the DC is away from you the more loss you get I am also going to assume Burst only has a 1Gbps pipe going to the west coast,this would explain the slow speeds - the pipe is overloaded.

Last edited:
Dark Soul, you are absolutely correct. With the sheer amount of problems that we have had lately and the seemingly endless fees we have started to explore other options. We have purchased a VPS node out in LA datacenter and we will be moving our shared server as well as move over Dedicated clients if they so choose.

Of course this cant be done all overnight as these types of moves take alot of strategic planning to ensure its success while minimizing downtime. So we have in fact learned a thing or to with this hole experience and look forward to moving on.

Dark Soul, you are absolutely correct. With the sheer amount of problems that we have had lately and the seemingly endless fees we have started to explore other options. We have purchased a VPS node out in LA datacenter and we will be moving our shared server as well as move over Dedicated clients if they so choose.

Of course this cant be done all overnight as these types of moves take alot of strategic planning to ensure its success while minimizing downtime. So we have in fact learned a thing or to with this hole experience and look forward to moving on.

Kudos, hopefully things will run smoother in the future.

So does this mean Burst is in financial trouble? Or just growing too fast to keep up with their own business?

So does this mean Burst is in financial trouble? Or just growing too fast to keep up with their own business?
Growing too fast? A lot of hosts could only dream about being in business as long as they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back