• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Datacenters allowing RDNS config?

RadixHosting

I was just wondering: Do you guys know any data centers where you can configure the reverse DNS for your IP addresses? Besides SoftLayer, I'm already aware they allow this. :)

All datacenters should. I know all the ones I have used did, and i've used quite a few.

I actually mean configuring it yourself in the control panel, not on request. :) But thanks for the answers so far!

Ask the datacenter to delegate your IP's to your own DNS server, you can then update the records yourself.

That would be an option too yes. But do they all do that on request? I never asked any...

Some DC's only allow it if you have so many IP's with them, but I know MarquisNet allow it, but we do have quite a few IP's with them.

Well, my DC is netdirekt and I use their API to use my own software for setting up rDNS, remote reboot, reinstall and all that crap.

They provide API keys as an option (for free) if you can't pay for their KVM/APC as on add-on.

Back