• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

DDoS Again?

The traffic from regular visitors would not be enough to bring the site down, no.

I think Todd explained some of what was done when we moved in an earlier thread. We won't disclose the details of what has been done, but we have much better protection now than previously. That's why we've been able to keep the site online despite way more massive attacks now than what brought us down on the old server. If you are interested in exactly how The Planet works on issues such as this I suggest you visit their site or contact them.

I'm not -----ing at you Peo, but you didn't manage keep it online, not in the UK anyway, it was out for hours ... I'm wouldn't want you to be under any illusioins, but whoever is attacking isn't exactly beat just yet, hence my interest ...

It was out over here in NZ for half the night. I was just in the middle of posting a thread and it went down :s

krakjoe, yes the server was down for a few hours due to an attack early today local us time as I mentioned previously. The protection we have now is far better than what we had on the old server since we've managed to stop far worse attacks than what brought us down for days at the old server. We are very aware of the situation and will continue to monitor and work on preventing any future attacks.

I think we all need to give a round of applause to Peo and the FWS admin team for bringing us back so quickly and fighting through these attacks. Good job guys!

I actually hate DDoSers, they're real ----s (that was the c word) -- why the hell do they do what they do? What are they going to gain from it?

My servers are (attempted) DDoSd daily thanks to these lowlives who literally have nothing to do but make a service offline that won't profit them in anyway... I think they should be banned from the internet.

Thanks for your support. I will as usual say that Todd was the one doing the work together with The Planet, so big thanks to Todd. Also remember that this happened during the early morning ours on a weekend (Columbus day weekend).

I think they should be banned from the internet.
We could redirect all the penis enlargement spams to them, then they can use those products instead of making themselves "appear" big by attacking servers.

The site was down again early ths morning. I woke up like at my 6:00am and no FWS. I thought it might have been atacked again.

When did it come back up?

It was another attack starting at about the same time as yesterday. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Yep and someone should really kill whoever is doing it. Lowlife scumbags is all they are.

Someone with alot of botnet power! I dont really know why they do it.. Like they will never tell anyone its them.. So whats the point??
My server keept getting dos'ed alot in the end befor I closed.. But with stamius they seemd to control it quite well....... I just dont get why they bother :S
I will say this

Last edited:
it pisses me off even more now knowing that people are trying to ddos my server every day now. the bigger you get, the bigger the target you are. really annoying.

internalx said:
Like they will never tell anyone its them.. So whats the point??

Oh sorry.... I take blame for this one. I learnt a really cool linux command today in linux class and wanted to test it out. I thought FWS was the most reasonable place to test it.

Back