• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dead MP3 Player

GregT said:
Where do I say that? You might try reading my posts and actually try to UNDERSTAND what I'm saying. :rolleyes2
Huh...?

Did I quote you? or did my post have 'gregt' in it?

I was just saying my opinion about this "It's CD-Quality, not it's Not!" debate :rolleyes2

kids nowadays :p

If you're listening through $3000, you're not listening to mp3's, unless you're really stupid or wasted all your money on the sound system.

Still... probably still some moisture in and around the hard drive...

Conscript said:
Pocket PCs play mp3's too. I am not sure how big they are though in comparison to WMAs, so you'd have to figure out for yourself how much music can 1GB store in mp3.

I prefer WMA 96kbps because its small, like I said 25-30MB for a whole album, and I was able to get Windows Media Player to rip CDs in that format automatically (and create the folder, plus name the files all automatically). So its just conveniant for me.
Personally I am fine with 64kbps WMA (when I had only 64mb of memory), as my earphones sucks. I try to use 128-192kbps mp3s right now... I try not to convert to WMA for the sake of compatibility.

VBR is ----ed on my Creative :( I get lots of noise distortions.

That's why I love iRiver, it supports a range of formats, so when I leech stuff off my OGG ----- friend, I can listen to it immediately, and reencode if I need to.

Same. And Video+Completly Skinnable interface on the H3xx is just a really cool added bonus

no, waiting until next week, if the issue is just a bit of moisture in the device... if it doesn't, i'll go out on monday, after my re-scheduled orthodontist appointment....

IT'S NOT COMPLETELY DEAD! I KNEW I WASN'T GOING CRAZY!!!

shelives.jpg

got it to work twice, but it keeps screwing up....

since when did the H320/340 support video?

[edit]

not very good @ taking pictures are we

Last edited:
tandoc,

You'r not christian are you?
Goto that office and say your thingy stopped working normally.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it dosnt. Make them fix it :wink2:

One of my friend did that couple years ago when she dropped her cellphone into the toilet. Afraid it broke, she rinced it heavily under the toilet sink. :rolleyes: blondes....
The guy opened the phone and water poured from it.
"What happened miss?" "Dunno, fix it" :p

That's why their are special devices in place in some cellphones (i know all Telus phones follow this practice), that have something inside that changes colour if wet.

Wojtek said:
tandoc,

You'r not christian are you?
Goto that office and say your thingy stopped working normally.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it dosnt. Make them fix it :wink2:

One of my friend did that couple years ago when she dropped her cellphone into the toilet. Afraid it broke, she rinced it heavily under the toilet sink. :rolleyes: blondes....
The guy opened the phone and water poured from it.
"What happened miss?" "Dunno, fix it" :p

i lost my receipt, and they require it to even look at the thing... it works no, more often than not, and battery is still good - i'm happy - i'll get a modchip instead of a new mp3 player xD

With water damaged things, you should never EVER turn them on until you are positive that their is no moisture left! You should've taken that battery out and waited atleast 2-3 days before even thinking about turning it back on.

If something like this happens to anyone, i'd strongly suggest doing the above, and NOT trying to turn it on straight away.

So it sort of works now Tandoc? That's lucky IMO, turning it on straight after it hit the water could've killed it.

problem was, it was kind of ON in the water - don't know how/why

as mentioned before, i didn't have the appropriately sized torx screwdriver bit

Tandoc: Yeh its hard with a camera that doesn't auto focus.

Video firmware was released like a month ago.

Back