• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dedicated server for HyperVM

notnamed

/fws/
NLC
I'm looking for a quote on a dedicated server. I don't need much processing power; anyone's budget Celeron, Sempron, or other CPU around 1-3GHz would be fine. I'm looking for 1GB of RAM, and a quote on 2GB would also be appreciated. A 40GB hard drive would be sufficient, and 300-500GB of bandwidth would work for me. My one special requirement is that I would like to install HyperVM/Lxadmin on this server and split it into at least 2 VPSes. As such, I'll need 4 IP addresses. Assistance in setting up the software would also be appreciated, but is not required (I don't mind being billed for technician's time, just give me a quote first). The server itself need not be managed. I would prefer a datacenter in Europe or Canada, but that's definitely not a requirement.

(added)
Addressing a question I got via PM that other service providers may ask, I'm doing this to consolidate my cPanel VPS and my Plesk VPS onto one server, so I don't have to log in to both all the time, and so I can manage and monitor them easier.

Last edited:
Hello,

I should just alert you to the fact that HyperVM's server software uses up around 800MHz constantly to 1.2GHz at peak. It also uses around 256MB RAM, or there abouts.

Please take that into consideration if you are going to be installing your own HyperVM server (The actual control panel). I would recommend getting a minimum of a 2.8GHz and a minimum of 2GB RAM.

Also, please be advised that a HyperVM server takes up about 10GB space. More depending on if you want more of the advanced OS templates.

PS: Just to make myself clear, you only need one hypervm server for multiple nodes. And you can host vps's on the main hypervm server, but its not advised.

Ah, I didn't know that, thank you :) Does Virtuozzo work differently? I just asked about HyperVM because it's what is currently used at my VPS host.

EmpireSP have a custom server to you:

PENTIUM-4 1.5GHZ
1512MB Ram
40GB IDE Disk
2000GB/MONTH
5 dedicated ips
support by msn/ticket support
Basic management
50$ month

Addons:
+1GB ddr: 15$ month
+2GB ddr: 25$ month
+160GB disk secundary: 10$
+Remote port: 10$
+hypervm install: 30$ one time
+ every cpanel vps license: 15$
+ every plesk 100 domains: 15$
+ Weekly Backup Service: 15$

if you like this custom offer send me a pm

Hosted on USA PA
EmpireSP
EmpireSP.com

flaviorodrigues, thank you for the offer. What is the policy on remote reboots? Are they free? What's the procedure (e-mail, control panel interface, etc)? Do your support staff speak English? I notice that your site is in Portuguese.

This isn't bashing anyone here, but I don't suggest you take flaviorodrigues's offer, as it won't be supported in anyway by the datacenter (BurstNET) as they do not support custom kernals meaning if you have a problem, you have to fix it yourself or pay them lots to do it.

flaviorodrigues, thank you for the offer. What is the policy on remote reboots? Are they free? What's the procedure (e-mail, control panel interface, etc)? Do your support staff speak English? I notice that your site is in Portuguese.

Yes reboots are free
you can reboot your machine with ssh, or if server crash just send a mail to us to do a manually reboot

if you have reboot port then its more easy to reboot and start machine

our company have support staff in English, its a department on our support just to English customers.

Back