• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Directory Software

aggiedude

I have a neighborhood directory in an excel file that I need to distribute to a neighborhood on CD. I am fine with sending the excel sheet as a PDF but I was thinking how cool it would be to import it into some kind of program that could launch from the CD and allow for searching for information by name, address, etc. Out of curiosity does anyone have any suggestions?

there should be a way for you to convert this excell file to a database? you can then save this in access as an exe file?

burn this to a cd and make an autorun.inf file :)

[autorun]
open=YourExeName.exe
Icon=Icon.ico
Name=Neighborhood Directory

they can convert this PDF document into word/Excel format and can easily check for required address using FIND tool, though PDF to word/Excel conversion is somewhat cumbersome task ;)

Do some browsing on the hotscripts. They have rich collection for the scripts and for the directory scripts as well.
Good luck

Thanks for all of the responses! I did not find a great solution this time around, deadline came to quick, so it was sent as a PDF but I hope to take advantage of something else down the road!

Back