• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do you think hosts should be in business if they can not answer support tickets...

As with everything, it depends. If the host clearly defines their customer support hours as between X and Y, then obviously, their customers should expect to only receive customer support between those hours, regardless of the nature of the content.

This type of situation would boil down to the host providing clear expectations, and the client accepting those expectations. If the hosted content is too sensitive to be managed within those restrictions, then it would be prudent to move the content somewhere with 24 hour support.

On the flip side, if the host advertises 24/7 support, then they should obviously be able to answer your questions within 15 minutes to 2 hours, depending upon how stressed their customer support is, or whether they are experiencing a system-wide issue.

Well, after reading the whole conversation, I completely agree with the service provider and would like to say one like to "Gotlinks" that "You get what you pay". If your demands are more you need to lose your pockets...

Setup time within 8 hours is reasonable
But unanswered ticket more than 3.5 hours is terrible.
Imagine if your server down for for 5 hours just wait their ticket reply on how to fix it .
You will lost 5 hours revenue from your site .

Setup time within 8 hours is reasonable
But unanswered ticket more than 3.5 hours is terrible.
Imagine if your server down for for 5 hours just wait their ticket reply on how to fix it .
You will lost 5 hours revenue from your site .

You're obviously a little late to the game and clearly didn't take the time to actually read all the posts, but as I mentioned, the only ticket that took 3.5 hours was one that was forwarded to me personally, because the client tried cutting a special side deal with our techs, even offering them money to provide management services on the side, after being told several times that we did not offer such services. The techs. did the right thing and forwarded it to me. Just under 4 hours later (on a Sunday), I answered the client's request.

The ticket that was sent to the Sales Dept. (after hours on a Sunday, when our Sales/Billing office is not staffed) was answered in 45 minutes.

The ticket sent to our Support Department (which is who would answer the ticket in your hypothetical situation with 5 hours of downtime) was answered in 2 minutes, the second in 8 minutes, and the 3rd in 4 minutes. Not bad if you ask me. In fact, we guarantee 30 minute response times on support tickets.

Imagine if the server went down...it might have taken a whole 8 minutes to fix. ;)

You're obviously a little late to the game and clearly didn't take the time to actually read all the posts, but as I mentioned, the only ticket that took 3.5 hours was one that was forwarded to me personally, because the client tried cutting a special side deal with our techs, even offering them money to provide management services on the side, after being told several times that we did not offer such services. The techs. did the right thing and forwarded it to me. Just under 4 hours later (on a Sunday), I answered the client's request.

The ticket that was sent to the Sales Dept. (after hours on a Sunday, when our Sales/Billing office is not staffed) was answered in 45 minutes.

The ticket sent to our Support Department (which is who would answer the ticket in your hypothetical situation with 5 hours of downtime) was answered in 2 minutes, the second in 8 minutes, and the 3rd in 4 minutes. Not bad if you ask me. In fact, we guarantee 30 minute response times on support tickets.

Imagine if the server went down...it might have taken a whole 8 minutes to fix. ;)

Well, just ignore input from exabytes.
You will see more terrible story when you deal with them.
And yes! I was 1 of their customer before, as I do not have server in Malaysia, I have to use their hosting and I get ----!

Yeah, not surprising, CS Squad. Looks like he just does the "drive by posting" without any intention of actually participating in the forum, to get his signature out there. Ah well.

Last edited:
Yeah, not surprising, CS Squad. Looks like he just does the "drive by posting" without any intention of actually participating in the forum, to get his signature out there. Ah well.

Well, as usual, Exabytes people just come here and post offers and make sure their signature was crawled by Google bots, then leave.
To be honest, they do not really care about their servers anyway.

I believe every service business that communicates with clients via the Internet should strive to answer inquiries within 1 hours, maybe 2.5 at most, and that they should seriously reconsider their strategies if they cannot meet this standard.

I would say sooner the better. To be competitive, one needs to keep reducing the response time and resolution time. Everybody is in a hurry and nobody wants to wait.

Response and resolution times can vary widely. We average about 10 minutes for response times, but resolution depends on the specific issue. Of course, the goal is to minimize downtime and prevent customer churn. There are some clients who try to push your buttons, moving from host to host when their demands become intolerable. As long as they are your client however, you should make every attempt to exceed their expectations.

Back