• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do you think PPC is better than SEO

PPC isn't a part of SEO, but rather a whole separate thing. PPC is great if you need traffic (and don't forget - conversions!) fast. But, if you don't have a large budget and time is on your side (and you're also not in a very competitive field), SEO usually produces a better return on investment in the long run.

To be clear for any beginners - seo stands for search engine optimization. This concept refers to the practice of optimizing text and other factors on a Website (and off of a Website, primarily building links to the site from other sites) so that it ranks higher in search engine results for targeted keyword searches.

PPC stands for pay-per-click. This concept refers to a bidding system that allows advertisers to post ads that appear when searches related to keywords selected by the advertiser are made. The advertiser is only charged when the ad is actually clicked, and is not charged just because an ad is viewed.

SEO generally takes more time than money; conversely, PPC takes more money than time (though some time must be spent in the initial stages for research, build-out, etc.)!

I would invest in SEO rather then getting into PPC, i know SEO need patience but what you get in return is targeted traffic for longer period ;) Once you optimise your site using SEO fundamentals then there are chances that you may maintain better position in Search engines. My vote for SEO ;)

Thanks for your quick reply...:)
It seems that investing in PPC can give you instant results and saves your time, while SEO is not an easy task to do. However, you need patience and need to put your efforts. By doing SEO though you get results slowly but it will last long.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Thanks for your quick reply...:)
It seems that investing in PPC can give you instant results and saves your time, while SEO is not an easy task to do. However, you need patience and need to put your efforts. By doing SEO though you get results slowly but it will last long.

Thanks for your suggestions.

To get any kinds of results with PPC, you'd really need quite a significant up-front investment.

Exactly, you can employ both strategies, that's time- and money-wise.

Do you optimize your page for the same keywords that you buy PPC ads for?

Exactly, you can employ both strategies, that's time- and money-wise.

Do you optimize your page for the same keywords that you buy PPC ads for?
I suppose that you need to optimize your pages for that. That is very important for the people which click on the ads to see what they have clicked at ;)

How do I use SEO for my flash website? Hey, I am starting up a flash banner and intro business to run alongside a couple of my other businesses. We felt as a company that the best way to show our abilities with flash would be to develop our entire website in flash. Now we're looking to market (on completion of the website), but... it's in flash. You can view our site at www.customadconcepts.com. We feel that if we can get our name out there we should be doing great - we're the cheapest in the market, and offer the same quality. How can you use SEO in flash? I am also open to other ways of marketing. We'll subscribe to directories, create a blog/newsletter, find forums etc. Anything you know that can help us out would be great.

Hi everyone, I have been using the search engines for a long time now like goggle, yahoo and all sorts of other ones and they do have good results. What are the places rather than this that have a collection of good sites and are used by you all??

Hey CoetlyWeeli, well other than the top search engines you can checkout the General web directories or if you are looking for a particular category sites then look out some niche directories. But, still search engines are better for search.

SEO is better that PPC for many as SEO can be done at free of cost. PPC needs to be paid. If you can pay for it, you get best results in less time. If not SEO takes more time and it is suggested.

SEO is better that PPC for many as SEO can be done at free of cost. PPC needs to be paid. If you can pay for it, you get best results in less time. If not SEO takes more time and it is suggested.

I suppose SEO work for the competitive keywords is well paid as well.

Back