• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Does Dell understand english?

trenzterra

NLC
Grr seems like they don't.

I sent a sale enquiry to them and told them not to telephone me, reply by email.

And then they called. I'm not those talking kind of person, and they asked me what was my question. WTF? Wasn't it indicated in the email I sent them? So I slammed down the phone after saying... I uh... want to ask... uhh

Then I forgot what I wanted to ask. Oh well, they really don't understand english I guess.

Why couldn't you have just asked them over the phone? You could have at least told them that your question was in your email and that your couldn't remember it exactly at that time instead of hanging up.

maybe trenz ment by "Im not that talking kind of person" is that maybe his spoken english isnt that great, since its not his 1st laguage?? :confused:

Thats why maybe he prefered over email?

Or maybe just because he's a lil shy over the phone and wanted to avoid this?

They don't read the emails directly, the emails are stored into a database with your name, number and the category your question is.

Do you think they have time to sit there and exchange emails with people who prefer to ask 1 quesiton at a time per email?

They are a friendly company, and telephone is the best way for them to get their message across, which is "Get a Dell".

Some people may feel that *personal contact* like a phone call is too personal. But hey, if you get answers quicker in one phone call, rather than a dozen emails, why not? I would opt for the phone any day :classic2:

Originally posted by Robert
They don't read the emails directly, the emails are stored into a database with your name, number and the category your question is.
Really? I think they should at least read the e-mails before calling, so that they know what they're talking about. :confused2

after I ordered something with dell, now I get spammed by dell promos almost once per week :p

Great....

I wished they'd call me before emailing me, les spam to delete... ;)

Originally posted by Wojtek
maybe trenz ment by "Im not that talking kind of person" is that maybe his spoken english isnt that great, since its not his 1st laguage?? :confused:

Thats why maybe he prefered over email?

Or maybe just because he's a lil shy over the phone and wanted to avoid this?
nah english is my 1st language.

well at that time i was shocked and didn't have time to think what to say. I don't know. My mind went blank. I wanted to ask about the FireWire. I forgot my question at that time. I only remembered after putting down the phone...

Oh well, i don't enjoy 'too good' telephone support.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Really? I think they should at least read the e-mails before calling, so that they know what they're talking about. :confused2
yeah its stupid. why don't they read the bloody email first instead of calling and asking 'what was your question?'

might as well not have an email form.

anyway i'm buying a dell not anytime soon, just enquiring first. supposed to be soon actually, but due to sars, i'm moving house in december now.

Originally posted by trenzterra
nah english is my 1st language.

well at that time i was shocked and didn't have time to think what to say. I don't know. My mind went blank. I wanted to ask about the FireWire. I forgot my question at that time. I only remembered after putting down the phone...

Oh well, i don't enjoy 'too good' telephone support.

Why did you list your telephone # than if you didn't want them calling you?

Firstly, people have already said what I wanted to say...

- You can't expect them to read every e-mail, reply to every e-mail, then get more e-mails back from you, they could do it all in one phone call.

- If you don't want to be phoned, don't leave your number. Simple.

Precisely. I don't know why they left an email form if they were stupid enough to phone me asking 'what's my question?'

Precisely. I don't know why they left an email form if they were stupid enough to phone me asking 'what's my question?'

I think you were wrong on this one. They were correct.

Dell isn't some small mom and pop company that cannot afford to call every customer who inquires about their serivces, they are a large corporation (currently ranking #1 provider for computer systems).

They don't have time to sit there and send e-mails. Do you realize the amount of e-mails they get a day? They can't keep track.

Originally posted by Robert
I think you were wrong on this one. They were correct.

Dell isn't some small mom and pop company that cannot afford to call every customer who inquires about their serivces, they are a large corporation (currently ranking #1 provider for computer systems).

They don't have time to sit there and send e-mails. Do you realize the amount of e-mails they get a day? They can't keep track.
If they had the time to call everyone up, wouldn't they have the time to look through the e-mails first? It makes them feel dumb when I clearly stated in the e-mail my question and they go around calling people asking for their question.

If they had the time to call everyone up, wouldn't they have the time to look through the e-mails first? It makes them feel dumb when I clearly stated in the e-mail my question and they go around calling people asking for their question.

Again - they have at least 100 tech people. Do you think they want to pay these people just to sit there and read emails all day? Nope. Probably a group of them (~5) read the information (name, tel, city) and than transfer it to a tech to call.

Next time don't supply your telephone. Simple as that.

Back