• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Does reselling dedicated servers require a Legal Company Name?

Sorry missed a bit out before I pressed the button :)

Easy enough to check and if it is it gets reported to the secretary of state for the appropriate state.

In fact :D - public records so no problem posting it.

http://www.secstate.wa.gov/corps/se...a=all&name_type=starts_with&name=crissic&ubi=

Yes it's registered to him as of 23rd Feb 2008, maybe he turned 16 and Washington state allows 16 year olds to run limited liability companies - no wonder the US is in a s&*^ state financially.

Last edited:
You could say the same about the UK then :p (actually ... right now you really could).

There is no minimum age required by companies house in order to fulfill the role of director. Their guidlines state that the person should be over 16 though.

They very seldom allow that as the directors have to be 'responsible', that aside don't get me started on the economic situation that Brown has put the UK in...

I know, but they do definitely allow 16+ as for brown .... actually, you're right. lets not even go there on a public forum :p

Sorry missed a bit out before I pressed the button :)

Easy enough to check and if it is it gets reported to the secretary of state for the appropriate state.

In fact :D - public records so no problem posting it.

http://www.secstate.wa.gov/corps/se...a=all&name_type=starts_with&name=crissic&ubi=

Yes it's registered to him as of 23rd Feb 2008, maybe he turned 16 and Washington state allows 16 year olds to run limited liability companies - no wonder the US is in a s&*^ state financially.
Good to see you investigated this further after your initial assumptions :)

I contacted the Secretary of State and Department of Licensing, and they both said, on a number of different calls that I placed, that they didn't care how old the person was. As long as they followed the guidelines, and paid their dues. I guess this would depend on where you are located, as it is different from state to state, country to country, etc. I would always call before you throw yourself into the legalities.

I turn 16 September 3rd, just an FYI.

Last edited:
That is very unusual to allow someone below the age of majority to head a company, as in if they can then they declare themselves able to be taken to a full court if the need should ever arise. That must throw some legal spanners in the works should it ever happen!

That is very unusual to allow someone below the age of majority to head a company, as in if they can then they declare themselves able to be taken to a full court if the need should ever arise. That must throw some legal spanners in the works should it ever happen!

They stated that they do not verify the age when the person registers for a business. I am not exactly sure what would happen, but they said they didn't care...

That's the bit I'm surprised at Skylar (not having a pop at you - at least it means you'll have to pay your taxes, but again how would they chase a minor for that?!?) it seems very lax of them to say they can't verify your age - jeez any other gov dept I know can tell you your current inside leg measurement :lol:

That's the bit I'm surprised at Skylar (not having a pop at you - at least it means you'll have to pay your taxes, but again how would they chase a minor for that?!?) it seems very lax of them to say they can't verify your age - jeez any other gov dept I know can tell you your current inside leg measurement :lol:

I know, I was a bit shocked when they told me that too. They basically said they only use the SS number for tax purposes, and that they don't even look very far into the person's information, which is a little odd..

It is strange, are your social security numbers issued at a certain age or at birth as it seems again a funny version of tracking (good ol conspiricy theory paranoia showing :D )

Back