• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Domain name registrar's quality and website speed?

The key is to look at the DNS domain name registrar speed,the most important factor is your hosting.

I suppose it will depend mostly on your hosting provider and the server they use.
I know litespeed is really fast one.

The only possible link there is if you are using the registrar for DNS. Then the registrar can affect the site load time (substantially) because the first thing that is done when someone types in your domain is it does a DNS lookup to get the IP.

Strangely - a LOT of people use their registrar's DNS but never question how fast it is or how redundant it is - which is pretty crazy when you think about it since if DNS goes down - no site - no email - etc. I have rated two registrar's for good DNS. First is GoDaddy - they, despite me not liking them, have good DNS coverage based on IP multicasting (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_multicast). Second, is the registrar that I do use and like: namesilo.com. From what I know (based on asking this specific question to their support and backed up by me looking their addresses up in ARIN) have their name server spread over three data centers: IO data centers in Phoenix AZ, Rackspace in Dallas, and Rackspace in Chicago. I have very low latency DNS lookups using namesilo. Which translates to faster site loads etc.

well there are two different thing . Website speed is because of long domain url or your web hosting. It not related to domain registrar . You can domain name with anyone you prefer because it do not have any differentiation.

OP,

Are you still here with us?

I suppose that the location between your servers and Data Center of the company plays an important role in speed connectivity.

Back