• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

domain transfer

melz

Hi,

My domain name is about to expire in March, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good domain registrar (and hopefully cheap) for me to transfer over. My domain is currently registered at networksolutions.com and I think it's time for me to move :)

As long as it's no longer $35/year, and preferably located in US/Canada.

Anyway, any good leads will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

I like them too but you have to print out a form, fill it out and fax it for a transfer. For a little bit more you might take a look at 000domains.com ($13.50 per year) and it's all done on line at their site. Both are good registrars. Also mentioned in other posts is weblaunching.net ($12 per year). I have not used them but I believe their transfers are done online too.

u mean from gkg.net?

anyway i contacted them with some questions, hope to get a reply soon.

got a response for them today .... man, their handling charges are high if you pay by check/money order -_-

I like jumpdomain.com the best, any opensrs client will be great, everything is handled via their web interface.

Originally posted by melz
got a response for them today .... man, their handling charges are high if you pay by check/money order -_-

??? I paid my check and it was only $9.95!

I use NameBargin.com, $9.95/year. I was mad at the begining at them but now that you can do your own DNS editing, they're great.

nope, seems to be for all domain registerations in general.

well, i may transfer to them since their company looks okay to me. but i'm still on a lookout for others. i kinda prefer to avoid paying by credit card as much as i can :)

so, anyone?

Hmm... Because I just filled in the form and when it got to the point where it displayed all the info and wanted CC info, I just made a printout of it and mailed it to them with a check for $9.99 and they e-mailed me back in three days and said the domain was registered....

Back