• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Duport Review

Flaunt

I signed up with Duport a bit over 4 months ago after my current host decided he wasn't going to offer hosting anymore. I know how full FWS and WHT are of overselling kiddies and fly by night hosts so I was really worried. I read about how helpful Duport people were and that clinched it. I wanted a host like that. And they have been very helpful.

They moved sites for me, which is helping my fan network, because webmasters hate reuploading. I never have to wait long for a reply to my tickets (and I have plenty!). I have also upgraded twice and they even honored promo codes which would otherwise have been available to new clients only. I posted reseller requests not too long ago because I am always worried about running out of resources. I should've gone first to them because when I ticketed them about the plan I wanted, they upgraded me accordingly at a reasonable price.

It wasn't always happy happy. Last May, there was an unfortunate connection problem with the data center the server was on. (I read the WHT thread on it). I was really upset about it because speeds were very bad and my hostees were complaining right and left. I actually asked for a refund (I upgraded a few days earlier) but Support promised the issue would be resolved within 24 hours. It was. Duport has promised to move all clients from the current server to a new data center---Supposedly either the Planet or Softlayer, and both seem to be on good networks, so I'm not too worried right now.

Nice review wacky_lokpo! there aren't that many reviews about them, so yours should help those who might consider using this host. :)

An exit review for Duport (continuation of my previous review):

After some more downtime, Duport resolved to move all clients from the current server to a new data center (Softlayer). I was quite excited to move because the new server was much better (Opteron), faster and people can’t seem to stop loving Softlayer. However, just 2 days before my account was scheduled to be migrated, I reached an agreement to host 2 big web sites. I ticketed Duport if I can upgrade some more but the plan was just too big and they suggested I get my own server instead. I did.

All I knew I wanted was that the server must have Cpanel and it must not be a Celeron. Duport pointed me in the right direction by suggesting minimum hardware requirements, server management, OS choices and data center choices. After the server was deployed, I was prepared to pay for a site transfer because my sysadmin had been offline for days. Duport moved the accounts free of charge and forwarded all traffic from the old to the new server. There was no downtime at all.

That should have been the end of their obligations to me. But I had more questions, mostly about DNS and moving sites with my newfound root access super power. I was quite confused because I already backed up an account to my account but I couldn’t see it under the Restore section in WHM. They pointed out that the backup should be in /home for it to be detected. After 30 minutes of more fiddling, I actually restored the account—with a series of commands and detailed instructions from Duport on the side.

They also pointed out that my port was only 10mbps (which was supposed to be 100mbps). I requested an update accordingly of course!

When my sysadmin finally took over and I asked him to configure and secure the server, there wasn’t a lot more left to do. At least, that’s what he said.

Overall, I am very satisfied with Duport. They have been very helpful and even my IRC buddy, who is apprised of all my net activities, was quite surprised about what Duport has done for my account.

Recommended, indeedy.

Domains previously hosted by Duport:

http://avril-l.org
http://avril-images.org
http://xtina-latina.com

And 50 more :)

Duport is a good provider, good to see one of thier clients taking the time to give them a nice review.

Yes. I think that more clients should provide more reviews for their hosts.

It would help the hosts out and the community.

Well clients find registering and posting kinda hard work :). Its really hard to get any legit review on forums from old clients going :).

ecsportal said:
We barely can get our clients to click a "vote" button :p

I feel ya mate. And specially those more than 6 months old clients,new clients might click but old clients forget it :lol:

Back