• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Earthlings

I would recommend another somewhat similar movie named Our daily bread: [video]http://youtu.be/QxlquoyqU7M[/video]

Any reason, why to find that movie?

I dont think, if i asked you to go dig a hole in your house, u wud go without asking a WHY?
If i say there is gold there, then u wudnt bother to ask the WHY!!

So tell me, WHY to find that movie!!

i became a vegetarian for 2 years after watching that movie. good documentary on the american meat industry.

A movie won't (or a person) make me veggie/vegan, ever.

-you don't need to watch earthlings with the intention of determining your eating habits. it never hurts to be aware of where the food you are consuming comes from.

-never say never. i am confident in saying that ppl with your attitude have watched earthlings and changed their mind on eating meat.

-not related to your post, the documentary is narrated by jaquin phoenix.

I was already vegetarian. At some point in the near future I'll be full-on vegan. Not because of this movie, for health and ethical reasons. Lots of health problems in my family in regard to poor diet. And I don't like the idea of something being in agony, bleeding to death because I chose to eat meat when I could have eaten something else.

Agony? Animals are raised for the sole puposed of being consumed as food. Humans are omnivores naturally. People have been eating meat since the dawn of time. There is nothing morally wrong with it. Consuming meat material is part of the naturally occuring food chain. And in regards to health issues. Yeah, eating an over abundance of meat can be harmful to one's health, but so can eating only plant material. The human body needs the proteins that are found in meat. I know a few vegans and their health problems are just unreal. They're at the doctor all the time. Their kids are scrawny, pale, and sick looking. They family is always ill. Their hair is thin and looks horrible. It's just not healthy.

-you don't need to watch earthlings with the intention of determining your eating habits. it never hurts to be aware of where the food you are consuming comes from.

-never say never. i am confident in saying that ppl with your attitude have watched earthlings and changed their mind on eating meat.

-not related to your post, the documentary is narrated by jaquin phoenix.

I know where my food comes from. One meat I won't eat is venison. I won't eat super cheap meat either, because its too cheap and I don't want a animal to suffer for my food - since thats the most likely outcome. I won't ever stop eating meat. That I'm certain of. I'm watched movies like this, and they've only enforced my opinions of animal cruelty - which I've always been against, but it won't stop me eating meat. I don't eat meat and think "I totally agree with animals suffering for my food!". I'm sure you're right in saying people with my opinion have changed their diets and beliefs because of a movie like this, but I'm not that weak minded. Just like I'm not convinced by YouTube phenom's like "GayGod".

and Deeplist, you're right, we are made to eat meat, but I don't think you'd still agree with a animal being pumped full of chemicals, stuffed away in dark barns for its limited, unhealthy, sad life, its not right. I could explains lots but I can't be bothered at the mo.

Agony? Animals are raised for the sole puposed of being consumed as food. Humans are omnivores naturally. People have been eating meat since the dawn of time. There is nothing morally wrong with it. Consuming meat material is part of the naturally occuring food chain. And in regards to health issues. Yeah, eating an over abundance of meat can be harmful to one's health, but so can eating only plant material. The human body needs the proteins that are found in meat. I know a few vegans and their health problems are just unreal. They're at the doctor all the time. Their kids are scrawny, pale, and sick looking. They family is always ill. Their hair is thin and looks horrible. It's just not healthy.
Yes, agony. How about I cut your throat and hang you upside down so your blood doesn't spoil your meat. Would you be in agony? Screaming? Choking on your own blood?

Does he look sickly to you?
lens1509442_1237187183rollins.jpg

What about him?
Woody-Harrelson3_0.jpg

How about this guy?
joaquin-phoenix-bye-good.jpg

I'm not sickly or weak. The human body does not NEED the protein in meat. We CAN eat COOKED meat if we need to. All the protein found in meat you can get from plant sources, especially beans. Iron is found in leafy green vegetables.

I've got a homework assignment for you. Go out, kill a deer by chasing it down and taking the guy with your own hands, maybe a spear you made by finding a good stick and grinding at it with a smoothish rock. Then start eating without even cooking the meat. Tell me we're meant to eat meat after that. You'll get extremely sick from the raw meat if you even manage to catch the deer.

http://health.usnews.com/usnews/hea...sumption-linked-to-heightened-cancer-risk.htm
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/08/100802073941.htm
http://www.cancer.org/cancer/news/n...done-meat-may-increase-pancreatic-cancer-risk
http://www.cancernews.com/data/Article/564.asp

Last edited:
Meat (including fish) has health benefits over other sources. Yeah you can get these by eating supplements or by eating other vegetables but meat still gives you most of what you need in one package, so to speak. You'd also have to eat a lot more vegetables (and other stuff) to get near the same amount. How is that better for people in health and economics? Does that take into account those who starve as a affect of a supermarket led West, or who are living in poverty/selling their own food because of the big-man basically putting these farmers into the same situation as a animal suffering would? Coffee and chocolate on the most part isn't affected as much anymore, since there were loads of changes with fair-trade laws, but the point still stands. Even though I don't agree with animal cruelty, I equally don't agree with human cruelty - which most vegetarians and vegans don't take into account - when their argument is about cruelty, rather than health.

Eating raw meat isn't really a good argument... just like everyone knows eating too much red meat [and processed meats, which is the problem of their creation and content, not that it's meat] (for example) is really unhealthy for you, linked to increased cancer risks and even gout. Doesn't mean we shouldn't eat meat at all because its linked to that, you should have it in moderation - which can be relative to a lot of things in life.

If you're ever going to pick a method of killing animals to protest against, make it Halal meat. Normal methods (as exampled in the UK) are effective, and while some may not be perfect and can sometimes cause the animal pain or return consciousness (if done incorrectly), they've been tried and tested to rule out problems - one being electrocution which is not widely used because its believed (but not really proven last I knew) that it causes pain for the animal anyway. I can't be certain on the proven or not because I don't have the time to spend reading through science journals and papers to find out the answer when that isn't my profession.

Anything that hurts you hurts an animal. Electrocution included.

How's abouts I taze you, bro?

The amount of corn and grain that goes into feeding one cow would feed far more people for a longer period of time than that one cow once it reaches maturity.

The reason Mexico is starving is because of NAFTA. The reason why Jamaica, and other developing countries like it, is starving is because of the IMF/World Bank, which requires a country to open its trade barriers. As a result, the local agriculture industry is demolished by cheap imports from a mass-producing country such as the US.

Don't get into world starvation, that's a whole different animal.

Yes, agony. How about I cut your throat and hang you upside down so your blood doesn't spoil your meat. Would you be in agony? Screaming? Choking on your own blood?

The animals are killed ahead of time with a high presure pneumatic gun that shoots a spike into the head, killing the animal instantly and without pain. How is that considered to be agony or suffering on the animal's part?

I've got a homework assignment for you. Go out, kill a deer by chasing it down and taking the guy with your own hands, maybe a spear you made by finding a good stick and grinding at it with a smoothish rock. Then start eating without even cooking the meat. Tell me we're meant to eat meat after that. You'll get extremely sick from the raw meat if you even manage to catch the deer.

Here's a homework assignment for YOU. Go outside, cultivate the soil with your bare hands. I suppose you could also use a stick or something that you have managed to shape to a plow of some sorts. Plant your own vegitables some how, some way, without buying any seeds or starts from a store/greenhouse. Water them exclusively with rainwater that you have somehow managed to collect without the use of any kind of modern barrel, bucket, collection device. Raise said plants without the use of any chemicals, pesticides, fertilizers, etc. Finally when they have matured, eat the plants raw. Do NOT cook them, dress them up with anything or wash them in any way.

Just doesn't make sense does it?

The animals are killed ahead of time with a high presure pneumatic gun that shoots a spike into the head, killing the animal instantly and without pain. How is that considered to be agony or suffering on the animal's part?

Here's a homework assignment for YOU. Go outside, cultivate the soil with your bare hands. I suppose you could also use a stick or something that you have managed to shape to a plow of some sorts. Plant your own vegitables some how, some way, without buying any seeds or starts from a store/greenhouse. Water them exclusively with rainwater that you have somehow managed to collect without the use of any kind of modern barrel, bucket, collection device. Raise said plants without the use of any chemicals, pesticides, fertilizers, etc. Finally when they have matured, eat the plants raw. Do NOT cook them, dress them up with anything or wash them in any way.

Just doesn't make sense does it?
Actually it does. I already eat a lot of my food raw. And I plan to do just this later this year.

Back