• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ever taken a Mental Health Day?

Conscript

NLC
NLC
Have you guys ever taken a mental health day?

If so, what kind of things did you occupy your time with?

A mental health day, for those who aren't familiar, is when you take a day off from any and all responsibilities you have, be it work, school, family, etc. It got its name because sometimes those things can drive you nuts with stress and work so you take the time off to preserve your mental health.

Generally most people sit around and do nothing during mental health days or catch up on sleep. That was my plan, which was ruined by me waking up at around 8:30 AM for absolutley no reason. I was, sadly, refreshed when I woke up and could not fall back asleep and the thought of sleep just felt uncomfortable.

So I got up, watched some episodes of Futarama, ate, showered, and now I am here wondering what to do the rest of the day. I might see my girlfriend later in the day, but that's not going to be until late evening if we do go somewhere.

Other than that I am stuck. I don't want to read/study for finals (which I have next thursday, and no school until then), that would be too much thinking. There is nothing on TV (damn Daytime TV!).

On the bright side I am already feeling more relaxed. :)

So what do you guys do when you take a mental health day?

I generally sit around, watch TV, maybe go for a walk, clear my head. That kind of stuff.

I've been trying to plan one for a long time now... never seem to find the right day :(

Wanted to work on one of the cars, that's very relaxing for me.

I'm hoping to get to go on vacation sooner than later. When I do get the chance, going out on the lake really helps me clear my head.

daxriggz2004 said:
I'm hoping to get to go on vacation sooner than later. When I do get the chance, going out on the lake really helps me clear my head.

Is your boat called "Stugots II" ?

You know it. Now to get myself a huge sound system for it... Why haven't we started a Sopranos site by now?

I should also add that I relax by watching Sopranos. It really takes my mind off of the life revolving around me. It's cheaper than a vacation and will have to do for now..

Every Day is a Mental Health Day to me. You should see just how devoid I am when I actually take a day to give up on responsibilities :p

Blank Verse said:
Every Day is a Mental Health Day to me. You should see just how devoid I am when I actually take a day to give up on responsibilities :p

Bordering on emo? :banana:

Ever taken one? No

Any plans to take one any time soon? No

Why? I never had mental health so why try to improve on perfection?

Back