• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Fantastico or Installatron

Installatron or Fantastico

• Installatron

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Fantastico

Votes: 29 43.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
Hello FWS.
First of all,sorry if this is not the correct forum,but i dont know of another better section for this kind of questions.
I dont know what autoinstaller software is better,
Installatron or Fantastico?I want to know that,some people says Fantastico cause its popular cause his easy of use,other says Installatron cause brings more software.
What do you think?

Thanks for take time to read this.:classic2:

I have used both and prefer installatron over fantastico any day. Its less expensive offers a wider selection of scripts to install and isnt as buggy.

Plus Installatron 5 (RC1) is looking sexy too lol :)

Installatron looks nice, however I have never used it so cannot comment on it.

From my experiances, most people know about Fantastico so they request for that.

Honestly Installatron looks a little bit messier.. Fantastico is a little more straight forward.

People have different opinions/interest, installing them both could be very effective to attract (some) customers.

I think it all depends on what the customer wants, as Secret said, it could be effective to have both installed and set up the user with which ever they prefer.

But, most customers/clients/users prefer something more widely known and used, like Fantastico.

i still prefer fantastico.
but actually they both work the same..
but cpanel + fantastico is still the best

Installatron all the way, allthough it is more complex it does the same job but better imo. fantastico often screws up installations, especially smf , when i install that through fantastico i can never ad mods for some reason. but there are other reasons I preferr using installatron.

Installatron has a really neat update feature which updates all the scripts and adds new ones if any are brought out. I really liked using installatron when I used it on my vps

I prefer Fantastico. I've just had a look at Installatron and although it doesn't look great, there's a nice selection of scripts so I can't really say anything negative about it *yet*. :p

I would have to say Fantastico, even thought I hate it, it seems to be an industry standard now adays, it's what the customer wants.

I have always used Fantastico because it's what was always offered with cPanel. Recently I got a new server that included free Installatron, so I gave it a test. I wish I had switched sooner!

Installatron not only installs more scripts than Fantastico, but it has the ability to import your installations from remote servers. It also has a more user friendly layout, and more information about each script!

My vote is obviously for Installatron!

So far I have found the support and development of Installatron much more active and responsive, so I have to cast my vote for Installatron at this point.

Installatron, as fantastico doesn't update scripts, for example they are running smf 1.1.7, and 1.1.8 is out since 2 months...

Back