• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Fifa WorldCup 2002 results [Take 2]

Originally posted by trenzterra
DAMN USA IS LOSING!!!!

I bet $10 on USA!

wow! 10 whole bucks... no new ferrari for you then... :rolleyes:

too bad USA lost, they were the better team large portions of the game, the last 20 minutes germany had them pretty much under control though...

Watched England in school this morning
SEAMEN IS S*** (sorry if you don't think so) but we could have got through if he stayed on his line!

Mullin

Originally posted by 98125
SEAMEN IS S*** (sorry if you don't think so) but we could have got through if he stayed on his line!

I disagree. Seamen was at the correct position. It's just that the direct shot totally took him (just like everybody else watching the ball) by surprise. It was the most unexpected of free kicks and I doubt if anybody else in his place would as well have been able to get a hand on it.

Originally posted by ashben
USA did give a good fight. But the German goalkeeper was there like a rock.
yeah, Oliver Kahn ( german goalkeeper ) is REALLY good :D
he saved germany from losing against paraguay lol

Was the Ronaldinho free-kick intended? I mean it was so perfectly placed. :)

I agree that Kahn is definitely one of the best (if not the best) goalkeepers in the world today. His reading of the game is excellent, he always knows when to come out to break plays.

I don't think Ronaldinho kick was intended, because he was just as much as surprise as anybody else to see it when it. But it is a perfect goal, like one in a million chance. I also don't think he deserved a red card, a yellow card at the max but not the red card, now he can't even play the final because of that red card.

Anyways USA did gave a good fight, but just as I suspected Germany does have a strong hold. If it wasn't for their strong hold, USA was easily going to tie during the game. But I still cheer for USA, maybe the next World Cup they will improve for the better.

I think that Ronaldinho shot that ball at the goal on purpose. As soon as he put the ball on the ground, he looked up, and shot the ball right at the goal. He saw Seaman off his line and made the most out of it.

Also, Brazilians know what they are doing and if he was going to cross is, I bet he would have done that and not hit a perfect shot that was at least ten yards away from his teammates.

Another thing, Mikki00, you said that he didn't mean to do that because he was surprised about what had happened. Now think about that for a minute. If you would have made that shot, and taken the lead against England, would you not be as surprised as him?

BTW, doesn't a red mean that you only sit out for one game? He will miss the semi-final, but not the final if they advance from what I know.

Originally posted by adizlaja
BTW, doesn't a red mean that you only sit out for one game? He will miss the semi-final, but not the final if they advance from what I know.

A red card or two yellow cards and the player will have to miss the next one match. Ronaldinho will be back for the finals :D

BTW, I heard Raul won't be playing the QF today.

adizlaja Nope the red card doesn't mean he will sit out for one game but two, count them 2 game. That mean no more semifinal, and no more final for him. How suck is that! With him score a hit goal like that and doesn't got to play 'til the end? What a pity.

And trenzterra, I'm not sure if he push someone, but all I know is they said his knuckle jam the England guy in the jaw, and his leg made the England guy trip. Well I see it over and over, and I still couldn't see his knuckle hit the jaw, however I did see the other guy trip, but seriously that not that serious and I notice it was when Ronaldinho about to fall that his foot caught with the England guy. And I don't think that deserved a red card, I feel the guy who gave the red card must be really bored at that time.

REMARKABLE ... Korea beat Spain in a nail-biting penalty shootout! Now Korea will play Germany in the semis.

Spain is undoubtedly a great team. Raul is very impressive.

But their past record suggests that they tend to tire themselves once they reach the final rounds of the tournament.

Got that right!

I'm predicting a Brazil vs Spain final .. not sure how long will that last though .. I'm pretty bad at this prediction stuff :D

Got that wrong :classic2:

Back