• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Fifa WorldCup 2002 results [Take 2]

Incredible so many *favourites* have been knocked out of this World Cup!

Dare I say it.......Ahem, better not :rolleyes:

Spain LOST THE GAME! :biggrin2:

well, at least i picked the right winner in this quarter final, that would be the first so far... though i thought there would be many goals, couldn´t have been more wrong about that (not counting penalties that is)...

still waiting for that korea-senegal final... :)

i think there will be quite a lot of bitching about the referees in spain after this, and they won´t be completely wrong...

There's been a lot bitching about refing after every game. But it's been justified with all the bonehead calls that they have been giving.

Can't use that as an excuse though

Why do the losers always blame the refs anyway? Can't they look back on their game plan, were they too cocky? Didn't think they would be defeated? Why not just plan ahead for the next world cup and IMPROVE their game?

Awesome penalty shoot-out. I thought the Koreans were gonna lose since they should have less experience at things like this. Joaquin shot it pretty bad, though, and that caused them the match. :eek:

It feels nice to see an Asian team in the World Cup semi-finals!

Anyway, what's the deal with Ronaldinho missing the next two matches? I thought a red card will only get him suspended for a game. Damn, Brazil should be less effective offensively now. :mad:

Originally posted by Jan
Why do the losers always blame the refs anyway? Can't they look back on their game plan, were they too cocky? Didn't think they would be defeated? Why not just plan ahead for the next world cup and IMPROVE their game?

Losers always blame the refs because they've got no one else to blame. Of course, no one wants to blame themselves. It was mostly their fault they couldn't score goals against their opponent... :eek:

He's not missing the next two. He missed the rest of that game and he's missing the semis. If they win, he's there for the finals.

Unless I missed something...

I agree with Jan, that loser mostly end up blaming the ref. And was because they're too cocky to think they couldn't be beat. But Grin was right about loser blaming the ref, because they got no one else to blame. lol

And Blank Verse, when it said Ronaldinho will force to miss two games that mean he will miss the two next games. The first game, Brazil against Sen. or Turk. whoever win that game. And the second which is the final, Brazil against S. Korea or Germany. Now isn't that two games he missed already? So practically he can't play for Brazil at the end. There is no such thing as he missing the semis, because the semis only got one game Brazil play in.

Anyways, I'm pretty excited, since S. Korea has made it in. The team I pick from waay back, when most said they couldn't even made it in quarterfinal. :D But chances are Brazil will won the World Cup. Then again, nobody will know, because this World Cup has everybody prediction upside down.

Originally posted by Mikki00
And Blank Verse, when it said Ronaldinho will force to miss two games that mean he will miss the two next games. The first game, Brazil against Sen. or Turk. whoever win that game. And the second which is the final, Brazil against S. Korea or Germany. Now isn't that two games he missed already? So practically he can't play for Brazil at the end. There is no such thing as he missing the semis, because the semis only got one game Brazil play in.

Where did you hear/read that from? Certainly a red card means the player will miss the next match, in this case Brazil's semi-final match. :confused:

*Gasp* Maybe because I had watch soccer and played soccer enough to know that? :rolleyes: Every red card mean that a player will get kick out of two games, regardless. Otherwise, people wouldn't be in fear of a red card so much. And no one would cuss at the ref. everytime they recieved a red card.
:devious2:

Originally posted by Mikki00
*Gasp* Maybe because I had watch soccer and played soccer enough to know that? :rolleyes: Every red card mean that a player will get kick out of two games, regardless. Otherwise, people wouldn't be in fear of a red card so much. And no one would cuss at the ref. everytime they recieved a red card.
:devious2:

Partly true. A red card does mean the player misses two games but that's including the game currently being played. So technically Ronaldhino will miss the semis but he'll be back for the finals.

Originally posted by Jan

Well, the Italians were sore losers. Simple as that. :(

I hate the Spaniards, but still, I feel sorry for them. The referees (especially those guys on the sides; I call them referees too) were TERRIBLE. Spain made two goals. Both of them should have counted. If the referees were playing fairly, Spain would have won without penalty kicks, and without the Golden Goal period. I would bet the Koreans bribed the refs with money. ;)

Originally posted by ashben
Partly true. A red card does mean the player misses two games but that's including the game currently being played. So technically Ronaldhino will miss the semis but he'll be back for the finals.

Yeah, that's what I thought, too. :)

Originally posted by conkermaniac

Well, the Italians were sore losers. Simple as that. :(

I hate the Spaniards, but still, I feel sorry for them. The referees (especially those guys on the sides; I call them referees too) were TERRIBLE. Spain made two goals. Both of them should have counted. If the referees were playing fairly, Spain would have won without penalty kicks, and without the Golden Goal period. I would bet the Koreans bribed the refs with money. ;)

well, i think the referee was right on that first goal, but clearly on the second one the assisting referee screwed up big time, that should take away his rights to ref fifa matches for several years if theres any justice in this world... however i don´t think that would have resulted in a goal if the ref hadn´t blown the whistle... what really made me feel sorry for spain was when someone (i forgot who) got completely free with the ball close to koreas goal and that stupid ---- (that was the nicest thing i could think of that was yet descriptive of his character) on the sideline raised his little flag when the spaniard was clearly not off-side...

oh well, thats how this world cup will be remembered, lots of surprised and lots of slow, blind and deaf referees... :confused2

It clearly said, that you guys haven't watch FIFA world club enough to know that if a players get two yellow card in different games, he will result in being kicked out for one game. But here Ronaldinho got right away the red card in a games, that mean he will and can't play for two games. Don't believe me? Go check your source on the official rules of FIFA in fifa.com.

Back