• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Firefox Browser: Time-outs occuring?

Venkan

Firefox does crap sometimes about "Cannot find <PAGEHERE>."

Infact, it does it alot. Then I load IE, copy and paste the url (google.com, for instance) and it works. Does anybody else have this problem? When I run through a proxy, firefox doesn't give me these errors, but I get a slow connection(obviously..). Hrmm.

I've had that also.

Are you on dial-up? it can do it sometimes.

I'm on DSL, and I get it like 2% of the time nowdays.

It's just your connection not reaching the site somehow...

I have dial-up at my own apartment, and due to me not getting a good connection, 40-80% of the time there, I get that particular message. However, at another dial-up location, I get NONE of that error... I hope something be not wrong with my dial-up hardware (I have a v92 modem, and sometimes get 512.24 Kilobytes per second for a connection, but not much loads when on it)

Best solution. Don't use Firefox. Use Netscape 7.2 or 8.0
By the way, what the hell are you talking about? 512 Kilobytes per second on a 56k connection? LMAO Obviously your main concern right now is not your browser, but to get off the crack.

Last edited:
No, it be true. (Wish I had that screenshot still on WinXP) Anyway, Netscape, the newer ones, will take about an hour or two to download on my dial-up service, no matter where I am....

satch said:
Best solution. Don't use Firefox. Use Netscape 7.2 or 8.0
By the way, what the hell are you talking about? 512 Kilobytes per second on a 56k connection? LMAO Obviously your main concern right now is not your browser, but to get off the crack.
Uhh, both Firefox and Netscape are based off the same code. :/

Venkan said:
Firefox does crap sometimes about "Cannot find <PAGEHERE>."

Infact, it does it alot. Then I load IE, copy and paste the url (google.com, for instance) and it works. Does anybody else have this problem? When I run through a proxy, firefox doesn't give me these errors, but I get a slow connection(obviously..). Hrmm.
You could go to about:config and try changing the values in 'network.http.connect.timeout' to something higher than 30.

I have it set to 60, due to the fact that I am sometimes on a slow connection.

This has nothing to do w/ Firefox. Sounds more like you have DNS issues and may need to change DNS Servers.

Uhh, yes it does.

The fact that the problem occurs in Firefox and not in Internet Explorer suggests that it _is_ an issue with Firefox.

Yes, it's only with FireFox.

It's occurances have minimized since the newest release, so maybe they tweaked it.

Back