• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FodyHost

Have you read their TOS? "Unlimited" disk space and bandwidth does not exist, and I am sure they have a cap on this.

Sure, try it out and let us know how unlimited goes for ya. Buying for $1 something that doesn't exist sounds very appealing!

Unlimited Accounts: Unlimited accounts are indeed unlimited. These accounts are not to be used to host a collection of MP3's, warez, or to backup your home computer. These accounts may also not be used as a download distribution point for your bundled software. It is to be used for standard web practices only. If you know your site is going to use an un-normal usage, and sign up knowing this, we will require you to purchase a dedicated server. Un-normal usage is anything that a shared server would not be able to provide. Please contact us for approval if you feel you will fall into this clause.

Sounds like a normal "HTML pages only please" kind of host ¬_¬.
edit: they have had 100% Uptime for 4 months running though. Since they started.
http://www.webhostingstuff.com/uptime/FodyHost.html

Last edited:
100% uptime is good for a 4-month host, but still they have been only for 4 months in the industry. Wouldn't you like to go for someone "older"?

Subject: fodyhost isn't worth for big sites
- by p gill of bhangraking.com on 06 May 2008:

" Don't join fodyhost unless you are going to host text or image files with the size of 1mb-5mb each. They suspended my account because I wanted to share video files which were around 100-200 mb each. I was told that I am not allowed to make backups on their server. Although, the videos were local music shoots related to my site. Now we all know no host provides unlimited space or bandwidth but all the hosts which say that at least allow to be used for backups. But, this company is straight up a negative for big sites. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FodyHost's Reply:
- posted by FodyHost on 06 May 2008:

" Our shared hosting servers can not be used for storing backups. It is to be used for standard web practices only which is clearly mentioned in our 'Acceptable of Use Policy' on our website but the customer ignored the rules and has used the space for storing and sharing DVDRip of well-known movies. "

Lovely reviews eh?

Well, how is unlimited any different than what the major oversellers are doing? Hostgator offers what.. 300GB Space 3TB bandwidth for 5.99/m -- whats the difference? They will never use any of it.

Its just funny that people will spend a few bucks more each month for "unlimited" even though they could just get the 300GB/3TB plan for cheaper and not even use a small fraction of it.

Well, the Swamp plan has changed, as someone said they where going unlimtied. Well the sites changed, Swamp says: Diskspace: 1000GB, Bandwidth: Unlimited, Pricing: $14.95 ($12.95 if you pre-pay 3 years:S)

Back