• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[FRAUD] Help please

repoman

Hello Fellow webhosters,

Today I woke up to see that I got 12 orders from a new client from the same person. They ordered around $1200 annual payments, domains and dedicated I.P's lucky I checked where there location is (I.P), they are in vietnam, so I phone the number they give it was a nice old lady saying WTF?!?! and her son's identidy got stolen.. same adress number name .etc!

216.183.51.140 is the I.P ban it :)

vn-cntt.net , is the domain he tried or maybe a she tried to order.

The identidy stolen..I will not issue a full identidy but it is Dave in Rochester with a number that when you phone tells solicters to hang up...the email is born2.love@yahoo.com

Now gotta cancel these orders :beer:

It would be a good idea to report the stolen credit card to your merchant account provider, so they could report the same to the credit card issuer..

Doing this would prevent the card from being charged again, and its far more effective then posting on forums :) although nothing wrong as long as privacy is protected

I got the same person attempting to order from us, they didn't pay so I'll just cancel their orders now and ban their IP address but seems like they're dynamic so pretty much a waste of time, they have the exact same email address as above, some details are:

Client Information
Dave Kxxxn
born2.love@yahoo.com
1xx0 xnd Ave. SW
Rochester
MN
5xxx2
United States

Last Login
Date: 28/07/2006 07:15
IP Address: 203.162.3.153
Host: 203.162.3.153

They tried to pay through paypal but never did...so I dont think there was a stolen CC, it was just a guy in vietnam trying to get hosting, so they would contact him and he would say I want a trial or something :)

John, did you try phoning the number?

double post sorry!

phone and confirming the order is a good method 2 verifi authenticity . but now scammer r overcoming it by using some phone cards like skype in , yahoo phone in .

Title is misleading . u dnt need any help bcoz of the fraud do u ?

Don't worry about it, as Jodo stated, just report them to the payment processor, what ever you do, fraud will always remain in the world of hosting & any other environment.

e-razor said:
phone and confirming the order is a good method 2 verifi authenticity . but now scammer r overcoming it by using some phone cards like skype in , yahoo phone in .

Title is misleading . u dnt need any help bcoz of the fraud do u ?
I believe sir, that you have a disorder of your Broca's Area. One might call it "Expressive Aphasia" I'd get that checked out.

i just suggest one thing, when recieveing an online order from "someone"@yahoo.com verify it well because it seems that most of these guys use yahoo or even hotmail to pay with a fraud card.

This is what i hav learnd from my experiance.

Thanks

Back