• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free .com

There is no such thing as a free .com (or any top level domain) that somebody will give you and expect nothing in return.

If you get 250+ unique visitors a day acidmist.com will give you a domain in return for a banner or popup ad, but bear in mind that it's not actually registered to you just directed to your site.

If you have a site that gets a decent amount of traffic and a user base that might appeal to somebody with a business you may find somebody will to buy you a domain in return for advertising.

If anybody mentions getfreedomain.biz - don't bother

Other than that there is no free .com :)

Last edited:
oic,thnkz man
i juz need to know
btw thnkz for ur reply in "What is the best free host i get if i got a domain"

Originally posted by zoltan
Can't you afford $7-9 for a domain name?

to alex_tay :
for RM - just rm28-35 per year. am sure if u don't rign ur gf so much, u can save it in 1 month .. more than that .

Why do people EXPECT things like TOP LEVEL DOMAINS to be FREE? Do you go to a garage and say "Hey, which of these wonderful cars are free?"

I doubt it.

Just pay a few dollars for a domain and get it over with!

Originally posted by Loon

If you get 250+ unique visitors a day acidmist.com will give you a domain in return for a banner or popup ad, but bear in mind that it's not actually registered to you just directed to your site.

If you have a site that gets a decent amount of traffic and a user base that might appeal to somebody with a business you may find somebody will to buy you a domain in return for advertising.

are there any other places like that where the domain name isnt actually registered to you but just forwarded to your site? I dont mind paying for a domain name however i am a little concerend about the whois feature where your personal details like your home address and phone number is made public to everyone..i prefer not to give out that kind of info on the net

Originally posted by axl409
are there any other places like that where the domain name isnt actually registered to you but just forwarded to your site? I dont mind paying for a domain name however i am a little concerend about the whois feature where your personal details like your home address and phone number is made public to everyone..i prefer not to give out that kind of info on the net
Fake it!!!! :p :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Originally posted by abush
Fake it!!!! :p :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
Don't suggest such a ridiculous thing. That's a good way to lose the domain.

Regardless, it's not like someone is going to come stalking you or something. Don't sweat it. ;)

Back