• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Domains at Register.com!

Status
Not open for further replies.
there must be a catch...
they don't accept just any paypal account, they only accept a paypal account that is connected to a bank account or a credit card.
they might charge you on a later date, and its $35 for one year.
just my two cents

..yes, they charge you after the year. And, it's actually $35 for two years. If you had read the whole thread, you would know that. ;)

Hello,

Still work, I have just registered one domain :) It's only one domain par account ? When I utilized my paypal account to have the domain (even if for 0$) Register.com will create a authorization for payment in my Paypal account, we can desactivate this autorization anytime ?

Only one domain per account, per IP address.

Yes, you can deactivate this subscription at any time.

^^ Yes, I already posted the instructions in a previous reply here.
Now, you can open paypal.com, log in using your username/password (if you have to), then click on either "Profile" or "Edit Profile", now under "Profile Summary" there's "Account Information", "Financial Information" and "Selling Preferences" - under "Financial Information" you'll find a link "Pay List", click it. This is a list of open authorizations to debt your PayPal account, click on the Register.com Inc one. The "Billing Limit" is $1000 - whoooo I sure wouldn't want to have that active if they made a billing error! So just click "Cancel", and you're done! Remember to do this *after* paying for any services you want from register.com and not before, but this will ensure your paypal account can't be further billed by register.com!

After registering the domain name, have I the ability to transfer it after 3 months or they only allow to register new domains and force you to renew with them ??

To be honest, if you want a domain name for a business or even for fun why bother going to Register.com? Is it really worth the hassle? There's always a catch with "free domains". Domains ain't that expensive... so do yourself a favour and buy one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back