• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free domains!

Jan

Forum Cleaner
NLC
There are no free domains.

Offering advertising on a non existant site won't cut it, offering free hosting won't cut it (If you can afford a server, you can afford a domain.)
Offers of "post 500 on my forum" isn't wise, it is just a means to get members and no guarantee you will get a domain after all that work.

Here are some suggestions for you.
  • Offer to to do more chores around the house in return for your parents paying for a domain.
  • Offer to mow the lawn of a neighbour so you can pay your parents for buying you one.
  • Use a redirection service if you have a decent site up and try applying to google adsense untill you make enough to buy your own
  • Get a part time job at your local McDonalds.

Last time I posted something like this, I got shot down by half the people responding to my thread.

But of course, since you're a mod, this won't happen.

Anyways, I still stand by the above post :)

Last edited:
Hmm... Jan is definitely being logical about this. May I add that there's no such thing as a free domain forever. Domains are paid for every 1, 2, 5 or 10 years.

It is true. There are plenty of ways to make the money to afford the domain names. Just choose one or two of them.

If I am so stupid, maybe you can tell us how you did that? What megaschemes did you have to fulfill to get them?

Jan has a good point, no free domains unless you count .tk, but you don't own it, and its only a redirect.
But, i don't see what is wrong with people asking for them for adds though.
Ben-mr

Just seeing that Jan has 10,780 more posts than s1l3nt can justify that you are much newer on the scene. Lets wait and see how long your domains last.

Let's See...

s1l3nt said:
ur so stupid jan... ofcourse there are.
ive already earned 4 free domains :rolleyes2
Hey! Where'd you get your domains? ANd do they end in .com?

If they are free they are probably from a company that won't be lasting very long. Jan above anyone should know from experiance. It might be wise to listen to her.

relax guys hes just saying its risky..

although not all of these places are scams, eg mine, ive given a couple domains out already.

actually, someone was offering a free domain and hosting here a bit back... and it was true, i used epgfx.net for bout 2 yrs with awesome hosting.. til the 2 yrs on it expired.. lol :p

I got a free domain, for a year, and i actually got it and used it and was fine. 1stplacecyberspace.com works, you do have to sign up for advertising though, which pays for it yourself. This is the best way to get a domain if you have no CC like me. Generally though, I don't think its worth it to try to get a domain. Now, my domain dmbtech.net has just expired, and I don't know how to get it back free again, and its just easier to use a small subdomain with dns or .tk.

Im not sure, but Im thinking it would be a good idea to give away free domains, buy it, and push it to their account. In exchange for advertising ofcourse. Here's my logic for this:

A domain costs (and it's not exactly easy, but can be done if you know your stuff) $5.19USD (or less) a year. I'll use adsense as my example advertiser. Let say just for the heck of it, the average page, with average content, gets .10 per click on average. (lots of averages ;) ) Now lets say you do a superb job of matching your colors and lure one out five visitors into clicking them that means that over the course of one year the site will need to have about 260 visitors. That's only 21 visitors a month, and only 2 visitors every 3 days (0.69 daily). Heck even the losers "blogs" get a hit every other day. Think the $$ you could make if the site actually hit it big? I mean the whiny pricks who cant fork over the cash for a domain may not be the most likely to succeed in the WebWorld, but you never know, some of the lamest worthless scum ends up making it big :)

Just my thoughts on the issue, please now everyone prove me wrong.

The Wolfman

The only problem with that would be placing the adsense ads on other sites not approved by google. You would also have to monitor the sites to be sure they actually were using the ads (should it be approved by google) and to constantly watch the content of the sites to be in compliance with google TOS.

True, you'd have to do some careful consideration of which sites to provide a domain, then again, you dont have to go through google, you can do your own advertising, or sell "impressions" to other sites, and use that kind of ads to support the domain name costs. There are all sorts of things to try ;)

Wolfman89 said:
Im not sure, but Im thinking it would be a good idea to give away free domains, buy it, and push it to their account. In exchange for advertising ofcourse. Here's my logic for this:

A domain costs (and it's not exactly easy, but can be done if you know your stuff) $5.19USD (or less) a year. I'll use adsense as my example advertiser. Let say just for the heck of it, the average page, with average content, gets .10 per click on average. (lots of averages ;) ) Now lets say you do a superb job of matching your colors and lure one out five visitors into clicking them that means that over the course of one year the site will need to have about 260 visitors. That's only 21 visitors a month, and only 2 visitors every 3 days (0.69 daily). Heck even the losers "blogs" get a hit every other day. Think the $$ you could make if the site actually hit it big? I mean the whiny pricks who cant fork over the cash for a domain may not be the most likely to succeed in the WebWorld, but you never know, some of the lamest worthless scum ends up making it big :)

Just my thoughts on the issue, please now everyone prove me wrong.

The Wolfman
Looking at your logic, I can easily guess that you are pretty young. 1 out of 5 is only possible theoretically. From my experience on web advertising and Google adsense, I can safely say that for a very popular website, 1 out of 100 is more possible. However, to be more realistic, I would say 1 out of 200 which is about 0.5% click through rate (CTR). A typical website with a bit of money pumped into advertising and promotion has a CTR between 0.5% to 1.0%.

These figures are solely based on my observations thur far and may varies for different type of websites.

Back