• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free good quality hosting needed for teaching site

trevorm

Hey, what's up everyone? I'm looking for good quality free hosting with fast servers and good uptime.

I don't require much at the moment but I should be expecting quite alot of traffic in the near future.

I need at least:

500+ mb space
2+ gb of bandwidth
email (webmail preferably)
Preferably Cpanel
php
ftp
mysql
and a cool hosting company with cool, reliable people and great support.

I don't have a domain at the moment, so a subdomain would be fine as long as I can add a domain later.

I will be able to pay for upgrades in the future, or if youd just like some kind of linkback to your site (banner, text link, whatever) as long as it wont clutter my layout.

I've been screwed over in the past by some big name hosts such as mediatemple and godaddy and would like that to not happen again.

I've looked through the free hosting offers and have seen some great sites, but I want some awesome hosting I can't refuse, if that's you don't wait!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a religious studies professor at UC Berkeley. I'll be using the space for hosting my study aids, notes and some class files for download in pdf format. I'd host the site from my schools server but in all honesty it sucks haha. Its slow, I'll only get a few megs of space and I cant host scripts which my site will run on.

Last edited by a moderator:
In that case, I firmly believe that Fine Spot Network is the best free host that you are searching for.

We, at Fine Spot Network, has been offering top quality free web hosting to our members since March 2006. Our servers are fast and continues to maintain excellent uptime.

Fine Spot Network has the goal of collecting free educational materials around the web and do the necessary means to make it available even to financially poor individuals. Having you as one of our member will be a great honour for us.

You can visit us at our current backup server - the Water Seven server - located here:
http://waterseven.com

Here is our web hosting policy:
http://www.waterseven.com/forums/index.php?topic=8.0

Please feel free to ask if there's anything you want to know.

Regards,
>Dayu
Fine Spot Network
Fine Traders Group

Ezraeil,

We can assist you with your request.

- Lucas

-----

Gold
+ 500 MB's Webspace
+ 15 GB's Bandwidth
+ 15x Features
cPanel
Fantastico
Subdomain or Domain
Leaderboard (728 x 90)

Hey, what's up everyone? I'm looking for good quality free hosting with fast servers and good uptime.

I don't require much at the moment but I should be expecting quite alot of traffic in the near future.

I need at least:

500+ mb space
2+ gb of bandwidth
email (webmail preferably)
Preferably Cpanel
php
ftp
mysql
and a cool hosting company with cool, reliable people and great support.

I don't have a domain at the moment, so a subdomain would be fine as long as I can add a domain later.

I will be able to pay for upgrades in the future, or if youd just like some kind of linkback to your site (banner, text link, whatever) as long as it wont clutter my layout.

I've been screwed over in the past by some big name hosts such as mediatemple and godaddy and would like that to not happen again.

I've looked through the free hosting offers and have seen some great sites, but I want some awesome hosting I can't refuse, if that's you don't wait!

Ezraeil,

Webmaster-Networks provides free cpanel hosting for people like you. :angel: I believe our free plan will provide you the power, resources and features you are looking for.

http://www.webmaster-networks.com

100MB Space
1GB Bandwidth
2 MySQL Databases
3 Email Accounts
Webmail
FTP Accounts
2 Subdomains
Awstats WebStats
Fantastico Instant Scripts/Websites

Signup Link:
http://www.webmaster-networks.com/members/order

I'm a religious studies professor at UC Berkeley.

I don't want to rain on anyones parade - but on a professor's salary would a couple of $ a month be too much to pay for decent hosting for information that would seem to require a certain amount of reliability so far as hosting it would go?

I don't want to rain on anyones parade - but on a professor's salary would a couple of $ a month be too much to pay for decent hosting for information that would seem to require a certain amount of reliability so far as hosting it would go?

Don't worry, that couple of buck$ saved from not utilizing a payed hosting account can then be used for other purposes, perhaps to purchase a note or a pencil. Or even better, a coat when it rains. :p

UC Berkeley has servers within their own networks to allow professors and students to host their own websites.... Same with all Colleges and Universities.

Professor of Religion. I have my doubts.

They do exist. And, you know, there's diversity in the world :evilb:

UC Berkeley has servers within their own networks to allow professors and students to host their own websites.... Same with all Colleges and Universities.

Look:

I'd host the site from my schools server but in all honesty it sucks haha. Its slow, I'll only get a few megs of space and I cant host scripts which my site will run on.

All the above comments true, but for what amount for a hosting account ($5/month) on a professors salary, come on folks! Surely they can afford it and do the religious thing and leave the available free accounts for those that really need it!

(sarcasm/irony - fighting to get out, not sure if I can hold it any longer.......)

Back