• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Hosting Request: Mixed Site (Personal/Business/Blog)

Pleiadian

I have a small site which I use mainly for personal use, but I have many subjects to talk about. Not to mention I have a blog as well.

I went to one server TWICE and both times the site was gone... because of upgrading. I need something different.

Here is what I am looking for:

Webspace: About 100-250 MB.
Bandwidth: Probably up to 5 GB. I would say 2, but then knowing me, I might have the site up there.
Subdomains: At least 5. I split a lot of my sites into subdomains for easy upkeep.
Email addresses: Probably 4. I use my domain name for email too, and I tend to have three of them for different focusings. Not to mention I use Squirrelmail a lot.
Yes, I do need CPanel that has a file manager.

I think that's all I really use.

Oh, wait, did I mention I have a domain? LOL, blackpleiadian.net is it.

-Black Pleiadian

Now this is a request I can't refuse.

SeraphimLabs Free
Includes
1 Subdomain
1 MySQL Database
5GB/month bandwidth
500MB storage
Virtualmin control panel
PHP, CGI, Perl
Single Banner Ad
Starting at: $0/month (Single Banner Ad)

I can do that on CPanel, and as for subdomains and emails I'll gladly open that up to the amounts you requested on me.

You might also be interested in my DoubleFree plan, which is about twice the resources. Though it sounds like you know what you need and don't need that much yet.

I've been going at this for two and a half years now, and will give it everything I've got to keep your data safe.

Seraphim, I am interested in that. However, I have a question. I heard something about 'single banner ad'. Does that mean that a banner has to go on every page I make? Or just the first page? If one page, then I would be rather intrigued, since my beginning page is the blog itself.

Usually I try to set it up so that it is visible on the majority of pages. Most of the time with a blog system like wordpress or a forum, it is simple enough to put it into the header template to make it properly visible- I don't bother making them visible on the site's internal pages that only you will be using. If you're writing your own code, what I would recommend is making a similar structure where the code uses a constant header across all of the pages, that way you can just put it in that header and it will do the rest by itself. It's quite easy to set up using PHP.

I don't force it onto the site, instead I provide you with the code to place in your layout where it fits as long as it is properly visible. They cannot be covered up or partially hidden.

Last edited:
HostBug can offer its free plan which doesn't have ads. Here is the info:

Our free hosting plan; HB Free
Disk Space
500MB

Bandwidth
1000MB

Domains Sub, Add-on, & Parked

Databases

FTP Accounts

E-mail Accounts

Pricing / Month
FREE!

More information and order at hostbug.us/plans

That sounds interesting Hostbug, however, the bandwidth.... Not sure of just 1 GB of bandwidth. I was hoping for 2, to be on the safe side.

I can offer you the following:

Space: 3GB
Bandwidth: 10GB
Subdomains: Unlimited
Email addresses: Unlimited
Squirrelmain: Of course. :)
Ads/Banners/Links: Nope

I will try to make a backup once a week for you, so your data loss should be minimal, but remember, take backups yourself too. :)
PM me if interested, enjoy.

BTW, nice to see another Michiganian on the forums. :)

Last edited:
Back