• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FREE MESSAGE BOARD

Laosfu

what is the best message board script? i dont want a message board service... that is hosted at another site...
i want a message board on my host... and stuff...
i want something like ultimate bulliten board

Seeing as that you posted here, I'm assuming you want one for free.
Theres the choice of Ikonboard, phpBB, Blaze etc which r the best around, altho phpBB is harder to find a free host to place on.

iB 3 will be(is good). I am waiting for the release. I thought it was supposed to be about two weeks ago, but it's worth the wait. The demo they have up at the ib support forums is looking good. http://www.ikonboard.com . But I am sure phpBB is good for a PHP board, rather than Perl.

as long as its like ulitmate bb

do i get have catagories?

like the first page is the catagories... then they click the catagory then the catagory page shows up then theres topics...

just like... http://www.clubsi.com

Hmmm

vBulletin Free is very nice. But if you want a Full version and not a crippled Commercial Product go with Ikonboard it has the categories and Version 3 looks fantastic!

Originally posted by HumanClay
PHP boards are much better than CGI boards.

lol, never heard that one haha! If you'd say there are php board wich are better than some perl written boards I could agree to it, but this is just nonsense :)

If you find yorself a windows server with PHP and MySQL, w-agora all the way! But on unix servers, it's a pain to install.

I like phpBB. Still using it.

Most of the other PHP boards started off with a copy of VB before they started selling.

Though, I'm happy with Anyboard, I received quite a bit of email saying Ikonboard is much better. Is this true?

Back