• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free or Paid Hosting Company

Hello. Well I have a free/paid hosting company, but my free plan is so small and my paid hosting plans are big. It's hard for me to get paid clients. So do you think it's better to run a free or paid hosting company?

Regards.

RobHosting said:
Hello. Well I have a free/paid hosting company, but my free plan is so small and my paid hosting plans are big. It's hard for me to get paid clients. So do you think it's better to run a free or paid hosting company?

Regards.

Paid.
Free hosting will not pay your bills. Paid hosting will.

If your going to offer free hosting DONT offer it on the same site as your paid plans, it will only take you down. Giving free hosting is fine..... only when you are sure you can make some kind of money back.

danethicalhost said:
Paid.
Free hosting will not pay your bills. Paid hosting will.

Piad hosting has the potential to, but only after a long year of work, and a lot of money invested into the project. Otherwise your just another fly in this over-saturated market.

utcrazy said:
Piad hosting has the potential to, but only after a long year of work, and a lot of money invested into the project. Otherwise your just another fly in this over-saturated market.

Which proves my point, and if you read my post, "Free hosting will not pay your bills. Paid Hosting WILL"

If you're gonna offer free and paid hosting, don't offer them on the same website. Potential paid clients will think tha they will have to share the server with free hosting clients, and that leaves them feeling uneasy about security. Rather, create two seperate sites (and two seperate entities) with two seperate servers.

Hosting

Thank you for your help. I will remove my Free Plan for now, but I will accept sponsorships. It's better that way.

Regards.

I suggest if you're making free plans always add "ads" on the site. Google Adsense is a really good ad. to put on a client's site, cPanel, ect. Ads is generating alot of income for webmasters these days.

I think running a Paid hosting company is better than a free one in terms of revenue. With free hosting the source of revenue for most of the free hosts is 'ads'.

martin ewing said:
I think running a Paid hosting company is better than a free one in terms of revenue. With free hosting the source of revenue for most of the free hosts is 'ads'.
Why not to run free hosting in a meaning that you will sponsor high traffic sites? for example i sponsor a guys website for free wich normal cost would be around $15/mo.....from the Ads wich i required him to place i got over 4 times more.

Back