• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free PHP board?

Originally posted by GRiN

I have to agree that Burning Board is nicer but it doesn't seem very professional, maybe because it was first written in German... :confused: I'm saying this because I've found many spelling errors, bad grammars and stuff. :p

Oh well, I'm editing nearly all the templates anyway.
The original template is meant to be edited as it looks ugly. Anyway, after editing, it looks cool! :D Three Cheers to the developers of Burning Board!

I would have to say phpbb2, openbb, xmb.

If I were to pick one it would have to be XMB, it has way more features and it looks to be stable enough. But if you were to pick a very stable forum with a good dev. team I would go with phpBB.

But XMB and phpBB are my 2 very fav. php boards and once openBB comes out with a few more things I will use it more. I only use openBB for imsple forums and for simple sites. XMB for more of a techie forum and then phpBB for a nice desgin type of site.

Burning Board

I started using BlazeBoard wich I was very fund of, but then they had this copyright thingy and the developers started with developing openbb. Since I have no patience what-so-ever (with Beta forums), I switched to phpBB and this one had these annoying bugs (login for instance).

Because I really needed a good working board right away, I was busy filling in that registering form of vB! but saw a post on another forum and they were talking about BurningBoard. I thought to myself: Hey, just give a free-one just one more change. :rolleyes:

I'm using BurningBoard right now and I just love it. I have not bumped into bugs at all yet, even though this was the first board, were I did not have to put in any settings during the install. Works like a charm.

Burningboard is growing very fast and so are the hacks-sites.

OpenBB makes it really easy to edit the templates however, so its easy to customize it and make it fit your site. I use it because its takes less bandwidth than some other boards.

I prefer Vb and phpBB, OpenBB would come a close second in the range of PHP boards.

Originally posted by [lhomme]
OpenBB makes it really easy to edit the templates however, so its easy to customize it and make it fit your site. I use it because its takes less bandwidth than some other boards.

Same as Burning Board... :eek:

I'm using Burning Board but I'm still not very happy with it. On the support forums, sometimes it takes me to the Error page whenever I start a new thread or reply to something, weird. Also sometimes the notices (the page that says blah blah, you will now be taken back to where you were, etc.) doesn't always show up when it's supposed to. Still buggy but good enough... :p :rolleyes:

Back