• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Gas Prices

Petroleum spirit is counted in imperial gallons, which are definately 4.5 litres ....

EDIT: apparenlty, it's only me and war veterans that use imperial gallons now ....

Last edited:
it is about $2.05/gal now

Gas stations to avoid:
Mobil
BP
Shell

why? they always seem to be .10c/gal higher than normal for whatever reason.....jerks

Gas stations to avoid:
Mobil
BP
Shell

why? they always seem to be .10c/gal higher than normal for whatever reason.....jerks
Well, my sources tell me there isn't a single BP station in Maine, so I can't confirm that. :p

Mobil, Irving and Getty are the three big players here. There are a couple Citgo stations and a number selling their own brand, but that's about it. The last Texaco left a few months ago, and I've never seen a BP or Shell station.

The cheapest gas here is usually at a full-serve Getty station (oddly enough).

bout 10, most have sodding big engines, you remember ford probes, they had v6's standard for the usa .....

Jesus christ, no wonder you're whinging!!

Here the average is about 35-40. Best is a good 70mpg, quite a few new hot hatches have 65.
New cars are around 20-30. Obviously, we here can't afford new cars with 70 MPG or we'd all be someplace else...

The 2000+ VW Gold/Jettea TDI (diesel) gets about 50mpg
It's the best looking economical car in north american, imo.

the rest it just plain silly looking. Yaris anyone? heh :)

Jesus christ, no wonder you're whinging!!

Here the average is about 35-40. Best is a good 70mpg, quite a few new hot hatches have 65.
New cars here are getting decent, but no one here can afford new cars. :p

Most of my friends have late 80s/early 90s verhicles... and they're mostly trucks, so the mileage is even worse. There's nothing like a good ol' American V8, until you have to pay for the gas.

The 2000+ VW Gold/Jettea TDI (diesel) gets about 50mpg
It's the best looking economical car in north american, imo.
They apparently don't meet (California) emissions standards though... so they can't sell them here.

Wow, highway? Thats not very good at all!

Yeah, us Americans gotta have the best you know. When there is no more gasoline, you can blame us for guzzling it up in our hummers, SUVs, and trucks

Yep mums are the only one who drive them and they problalby drive with their eyes shut. Its because of "safety" but the way they drive is endangering other peoples safety then it is to them. I think petrol here is like $1.58 NZ per litre ;)

Back