• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Geekrack.net LIES TO ITS CUSTOMERS!

xplhost

Hello Everyone!

It has came to my attention AGAIN that geekrack servers are down. This time, I caught it JUST as they were going down. I was thinking more about this when it happened the other day (http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2204549&page=3) and on their site it says 100%, as shown in a picture below. This is totally lying to customers, as their servers were JUST DOWN the other day. Well, as soon as I was done taking a screen shot of this, I clicked on the 100% uptime link, and then tried going back to geekrack.net, and IT HAPPENED AGAIN! Their servers are DOWN AGAIN! Geekrack is VERY unstable! They need to either pay someone to manage their servers for them or they need to get lost!

1etidx.gif

fyoojb.gif

Last edited:
Well your right about the fact that they have an uptime button implying that they have 100% uptime.

And as a note to GR --> it seems you do not have a valid license for Status2K? Should get that fixed.

Not sure about the ups and downs...can't find any official uptime stats?

EDIT: https://geekrackportal.net/ is down as of 10:56 PM [EST] when I just checked it.

Jesus, how many more of these threads are going to appear this weekend for GeekRack and Crissic?

the status2k thing isn';t just on GR, something seems to have happened, because other hosts valid licenses have went nulled too.

Thats about all I know about. Also, Geekracks site has been working for me. The portal is down though, but the main sites up.

Edit: Dan, I guess it's their time to shine. :\

They are back, but GeekRackPortal is still down, meaning no support....

I'm sure we'll have a GeekRack rep here soon explaining the problem :)

I just wanted to point out the fact that we are not attempting to bash Geek Rack(They are doing it themselves). I've worked for her and knows how much effort she puts into it. Its unfortunate that her effort hasn't lead to a great hosting site. I care about honesty and this is just not fair from a consumers stand point.

And yes I to expect a reply from one of her so called workers soon as they think they own this board.

And once again Andy strikes, this is actually an error with status2K we in no way can modify the read of the script.

Furthermore this script only monitors our website and is not configured for multiple sites.

@ Andy, once again you are at a new host starting trouble like you are well known for. And its ok. I just want you to know that i am on to your games.

We have had a great deal of issues lately between the dc amongst other things and we are now in talks with several dcs to offer higher quality services to clients. This is indeed a trying for us and we are striving towards excellance in every aspect of the industry.

Hey,

I have only one thing to say, Crissic & GR both use BURST and most bad reviews seem to come from these. Therefore I'm seeing it as BURSTs fault.

I just wanted to point out the fact that we are not attempting to bash Geek Rack(They are doing it themselves). I've worked for her and knows how much effort she puts into it. Its unfortunate that her effort hasn't lead to a great hosting site. I care about honesty and this is just not fair from a consumers stand point.

And yes I to expect a reply from one of her so called workers soon as they think they own this board.
Andy I'm going to find out where you live and give you one massive punch! Your doing my head in, why can't you stop bashing GeekRack, you do it ALL the time on msn aswell, bloody weirdo!

Hey,

I have only one thing to say, Crissic & GR both use BURST and most bad reviews seem to come from these. Therefore I'm seeing it as BURSTs fault.
I agree with you, kind of... Crissic are hosted by us, we're a reseller for Burst. *I think*

Well it looks like geekrack is going downhill. There's been like 4 threads like this in the past few days.

David, get a life, your host isn't exactly "promising" is it? :lol:

Andy I'm going to find out where you live and give you one massive punch! Your doing my head in, why can't you stop bashing GeekRack, you do it ALL the time on msn aswell, bloody weirdo!

I agree with you, kind of... Crissic are hosted by us, we're a reseller for Burst. *I think*

What do you mean by that???? You Weirdo :p .Atleast no one has been starting a thread about how bad they think my host is.

Last edited:
Err.. I thought Crissic -> GR -> Burst?

Offtopic, but it's actually..

GR > Crissic.

GR = Burst

Crissic = Burst.

It's a bandwagon, but thats pretty much it, Crissic is hosted by GR, or..has some services throguh them, and they both resell Burst.

David, every host has bad history, 4 topics doesn't mean that they're going downhill, that just means they're having some trouble. Going downhill is say they lose their whole network, have financial issues, and mass complaint from whatever 100 customers they have. Then, that's going downhill. :)

I hope you aren't getting paid to work there.

Hey,

BURST Tickets are very annoying, you submit one and get a reply usually about 30 minutes - 1 hour later and then they work on the ticket over 24 hours.

BURST is part to blame still and we've seen BURST going not downhill but down.

Im sick of seeing these f---ing threads. Give them thier own section somewhere :mad2:

its basically :spam:

Back