• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Gen Query

Berne

Hi All,

Can anyone advise me?

I have a 30mb personal site to launch, could it be hosted for free?

Could I expect to have it hosted for free without adds?

Is the above asking too much, please advise on what I can expect to get.

Is there a particular string you could reference on my needs?

What are the downside of free hosting, am I liable to face hosts which are down now and again? I want excellent uptime is this asking too much?

Is this the proper place to ask these questions I think so?

Berne...:rolleyes2

Berne said:
Hi All,

Can anyone advise me?

What are the downside of free hosting, am I liable to face hosts which are down now and again? I want excellent uptime is this asking too much?

Yes you can have your site hosted for free and with no ads (there are lots of hosts out there offering it). There are Free hosts which are not reliable so choose your pick very carefully. It is but ussual and is expected to have a host go bankrupt due to no-earning. So if you want an excellent server, try to accept ads in your life. That's the "breath-of-life" of Free Hosts. They have to earn money for them to give their members their needs. You don't expect to get everything for free without giving back something in return. Hope this helps, besides it's just my personal opinion. Cheers! :)

ced said:

"Forum Rules

Hosts may NOT respond to general questions posted by members who are looking for advice/opinions/suggestions/recommendations on which host to choose.

For instance, if someone asks, "I need at least 20 MB and FrontPage 98 support for less than $15, which host do you recommend?", then clearly this question is not directed to a webhost. It is directed to other webmasters who would be able to recommend a service."

Last edited:
Berne said:

Hello, Berne

Can anyone advise me?

There are very many qualified people here (and some not so qualified), and available to advise you.

Short answer... Yes.
Detailed answer, Many hosts offer free hosting for nearly any reasonable needs. Most require something in return. The question is, are you willing to do something for those who are willing to do something for you?

See above

Not necissarily, but it all boils down to who makes the offer, and why.

you might take a look in the free webhosting offers forum or just wait to see what gets posted here.

Well, the downside is that most free hosts have fairly heavy restrictions on what you can, or cannot do with your site. Uptime/downtime can be an issue, but in all honesty, free web hosts have uptime which is pretty much on par with paid hosting. But then again, it's more or less pointless to offer a money back guarantee on free hosting.

I think so too, but I have been wrong before. At any rate, Best of luck to you

Back