• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Good *unlimited* FWP

MadBomber

I am looking to put up large video files onto a FWP that are 20MB - 400MB so I can link my site to them. I am hoping that they won't often be deleted as uploading large files of that size becomes tedious.

Does anyone know of any good FWP's that allow at least 500MB if not more and support FTP? FTP is not a must but is a nice luxury. :)

Thanks,
MadBomber

something unfortunate

Try http://www.stas.net. they offer unlimited space with no banners. inlimited bandwidth too. no ftp but stas is one of few who let you keep movies or store files. you can sign up multiple times too. If you cant find anything you could always set up a bunch of freedrive (http://www.freedrive.com) accounts and split the movies up into 50mb segments with winrar. but that is tedious for the visitors to your site. try stas

Yeah

Stas might get mad but in their terms is says they will contact you if you are hogging to much and work out a deal.seems reasonable to me

I think it would be much wiser for you to go with a host that accepts primarily video files. Streamload is one, and there are several others. Thus, in that case, at least they will be expecting you to have large movies and would be less apt to delete your account.

The names of these providers escapes my thought right now, but a quick search at yahoo or something may lead results...

ya...use streamload it's the best...but u can only share 1gig....even though u have unlimited space..what movie are u plannin on uploading

Originally posted by coolguy23
what movie are u plannin on uploading

That's just the thing. I plan on posting LOTS of movies. Not just 1 or 2. Each of which are 300MB+. But I am also running another site that will have about 20MB - 50MB videos of awseome things that my friends and I go out to do...such as 'Jackass' and 'Tom Green' type of clips...

Anyways, I was thinking Streamload, myself, but don't they have a 100MB download limit for each 'freeloader'? That won't hardly work if I have 50+ movies posted that each have 2 or more parts to each movie; It would take my users DAYS to download any one movie. Is anyone sure if the 100MB d/l limit per user is true or not??

As for Stas.net, I still need to mess with that a little. Sounds like it may be able to work....

Thanks for the help! And does anyone know about that 100MB limit on Streamload?

Thanks,
MadBomber

Yeah, streamload has that 100mb/day download limit so at best you can only show one of your videos per day. You can pay something like 5$ a month and get a lot more bandwidth from them.

Again, i would do a quick search at yahoo for movie hosters. I keep seeing one advertized on MTV every 10 minutes...one of these sites that want you to express yourself or something...haha :)

Anyway, try atomz.com or something...are these movies good (like the average person would want to see them), or are they for limited use? That may sway your hosting options...

Originally posted by MadBomber

That's just the thing. I plan on posting LOTS of movies. Not just 1 or 2. Each of which are 300MB+. But I am also running another site that will have about 20MB - 50MB videos of awseome things that my friends and I go out to do...such as 'Jackass' and 'Tom Green' type of clips...

Anyways, I was thinking Streamload, myself, but don't they have a 100MB download limit for each 'freeloader'? That won't hardly work if I have 50+ movies posted that each have 2 or more parts to each movie; It would take my users DAYS to download any one movie. Is anyone sure if the 100MB d/l limit per user is true or not??

As for Stas.net, I still need to mess with that a little. Sounds like it may be able to work....

Thanks,
MadBomber

well i just thought i can save you some uploading time cuz i got a huge collection...over 75 gigs...of movies and if u wanted any i can send them to you

Thanks,
MadBomber

The 100mb/day download limit is true, and from what I hear, it is enforced (automatically). I guess you could make like 50 accounts...but do you have that kind of time on your hands...hehe :)

This service seems to be you upload movies to sell to others? Maybe you can sell for $0, but can you imagine that kind of procedure to watch a movie...hehe...

Also, from reading their stuff, its clear to me that they are new in this business and have no Idea what to expect. Im guessing in a month or so, they will start putting hefty regulations just like all the other sites...

The 100mb/day download limit is true, and from what I hear, it is enforced (automatically). I guess you could make like 50 accounts...but do you have that kind of time on your hands...hehe :) [/B]

no way man...streamload is too smart...they use something like cookies and ip to make the limits...b4 it was only cookies and ppl just deleted em...but now it's almost impossible to get around the limit

Ok guys. Here's the catch. I wanted to try and pass it by non chalantly, but the movies that I am putting up are full-length movies that you would go see in a theatre. (I'm sure some of you already knew that, but the rest of you sounded a little confused about it...)

I've who knows how many gig's worth of movies that I need to get online and I'm trying to find a reliable place to upload all of them without having to reupload each one every 3 days. The reason streamload won't work is because of the 100MB/day limit. That means people would oly be able to download half or part of 1 half of single movies each day. As for Zden, you get the spce but I don't want to have to put my users through such a hassle trying to download some movies. So, through all the good ideas, it looks like I am going to try Stas.net to see how well I can deal with it.

If anyone else has some good ideas, let me know!

Thanks,
MadBomber

Figures as much....

Most people in your position will use a "multiple fake account" creator to make 100's of accounts at Xoom and so forth... These links will usually last for couple of days before getting deleted...

Anyway, I dont support pirating or anything, but Im just going to suggest to you to help out stas.net (which looks smaller) and put the load on Xoom instead, which is rich up to its ears... :)

The reason streamload won't work is because of the 100MB/day limit. That means people would oly be able to download half or part of 1 half of single movies each day

not true...You can go over your daily download limit to start a download, but you can not initiate new downloads once you're over your limit. So, if your limit is 100MB per day, you can download one 914MB file, (putting you 814MB over your daily limit), but then you can't start any new downloads (unless you're a Streamloader, of course.)

What kind of connection do u have

if u have a connection faster then 56k like dsl or cable just host them off ur comupter

Most cable and DSL lines have specific regulations saying you cant run a server....however if you are going to host illegal movies...well then I guess you wouldn't care much about that...lol

You're bloody INSANE!

Ok guys. Here's the catch. I wanted to try and pass it by non chalantly, but the movies that I am putting up are full-length movies that you would go see in a theatre. (I'm sure some of you already knew that, but the rest of you sounded a little confused about it...)

I only have one question for you. ARE YOU BLOODY INSANE????

Do you have ANY idea what the copyright holder would do to you if they caught you doing that? Movie companies are NOT likely to just send you a firm little cease and desist letter - they'll nail your ass to the wall in court. Are you that intent on being sued by companies that spend more money on party favors in a year than you'll ever make in your lifetime?

A little advice: Stop being such an idiot and find something else to do with your time. You'll never get anywhere doing what you're doing (except perhaps prison - do you really want a big cellmate by the name of Bubba snuggling up to you at night?)

Re: You're bloody INSANE!

Originally posted by Ron Seigel

I only have one question for you. ARE YOU BLOODY INSANE????

Do you have ANY idea what the copyright holder would do to you if they caught you doing that? Movie companies are NOT likely to just send you a firm little cease and desist letter - they'll nail your ass to the wall in court. Are you that intent on being sued by companies that spend more money on party favors in a year than you'll ever make in your lifetime?

A little advice: Stop being such an idiot and find something else to do with your time. You'll never get anywhere doing what you're doing (except perhaps prison - do you really want a big cellmate by the name of Bubba snuggling up to you at night?)

Just think, you could be face-down-ass-up in a cell with bubba.... Now is cheating the movie companies for the $4.00 to see it in a theater really worth that?

Back