• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Greenlight Hosting

Thanks,

I looked them up again too before I posted, I know how you guys hate it when people keep reposting the same topic and being redundant.

I was just trying to find out if there were other people here who have been ripped off by them. I so would not recommend them to anyone. If I can get the guy who owns it to transfer my domains I'd find a new host, which is covered if we werent satisfied in his TOS on the main page. So far I have had an uptime of about 60%.

For those thinking about it: DONT GO WITH THIS PLACE unless you want alot of frustration.

I take it CI host is a bad place?

Bella

?

I tried looking them up and all I kept getting was "Search terms not long enough" even when I added other words to it.

CI Host, problems, opinions

CI host, hosting, information

CI Host, help, question

The search term you specified (ci) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer. If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

Can you link me if youve already found something there?

Okay. You better tell us your requirements then, so we know who to recommend :classic2:

Requirements vs desires

I'd been in the process of setting up the website of a singer/songwriter I know, so I need streaming audio at least and a relatively high amount of bandwidth so fans won't be cut off in the middle of checking out the site. Large file sizes is a must. Plus she wants a message board/chat room so we'll need either CGI,ASP, or PHP.

I also run a Buffy fan site, so that needs to be able to handle a high volume of traffic. I hadnt even had the chance to go live with the host I have now, because my sites are down about 40 percent of the time.

Cost: anything under 30 bucks for either site. Cheaper id prefer, but I know you get what you pay for. Hosts with Paypal and checks acceptance are a plus.

Location: I'd prefer a host in the south USA, where Im located, so when I go on a driveabout I can go check them out.

Most importantly, I need a host who has better customer service than what Im getting now.

I dont know if I'll be able to get my domains back. I still cant get the guy to transfer them to me. I've emailed him and email him and so far nothing. Since its a CH host, can I complain to them? Would it do a bit of difference?

Bella

Ok BOTH sites are down now and still my domains reflect this other guys information.

Dealing with these people makes me miss Geocities...*sigh*

Bella

If I liked doing things simple, it wouldnt be as dramatic....

BTW thanks for the link. Im checking them out now to see what they offer and payment options.

Bella

BTW if I dont hear back from Greenlight, is there anything I can do to get my domains other than resorting to an attourney?

Back