• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

has anyone set up secure web page at Carolhost

friday

Hi... it's the weekend, and I don;t know if this will get me a quicker response or not.. but worth a shot...
wondering if nayone here is hosting with and set up a secure site/web page with www.carolhost.com ?
I'm awaiting a reply from them.. and not meaning to critisize, but the instructions on their site, for doing this, is just a bit lacking in direction,almmost non-existant! and I'd really like to be able to set one page of the site - https - it needs to be.. but how do you do it???
in th eremote chance that anyone has/is hosting with them.. and has done this, I'd sure appreciate some direction in this - not just a "you need to get a ... and then get a ..... " but some info and detail in "how" for all aspects of it. and even - is this something I can just Do? or do I need to consult with them first regardless - to finalise te set up?
many thanks.

- have you got your own SSL certificate? if no, you need to order one first
- do you have access to WHM, that allows you to install SSL certificate? If no, you will need to contact them to install it for you

solved ~ sort of...

afte a couple more emails to host support..... and their constant reccomendation of using a Processing Gateway ~ and us not wanting to do that.. want to simply have a means of accepting a customer registration inc credit card - ( if they want to ) - and charge product buys to there card whenever they email in an order..... it come down to a matter of responsibility - and regardless of SSL Certification.... they (host) do not want the responsibility of us doing it this way... geting a Processing Gateway... you also get their assurance of security, little bit crazee - this seems to me to be the whole purpose of SSL Cert's... but ~ Aaah well..
Found a solution anyway - just waiting for site owner to say yep! or no.
an external Co that does exatly this - provides a means of recieving credit card info - storing it for you to retrieve via a link on this page to their secure page . sounds perfect for small business looking for an alternative means of setting up online sales - but without the need or want, for a Processing Gateway.

friday said:
afte a couple more emails to host support..... and their constant reccomendation of using a Processing Gateway ~ and us not wanting to do that.. want to simply have a means of accepting a customer registration inc credit card - ( if they want to ) - and charge product buys to there card whenever they email in an order..... it come down to a matter of responsibility - and regardless of SSL Certification.... they (host) do not want the responsibility of us doing it this way... geting a Processing Gateway... you also get their assurance of security, little bit crazee - this seems to me to be the whole purpose of SSL Cert's... but ~ Aaah well..
Found a solution anyway - just waiting for site owner to say yep! or no.
an external Co that does exatly this - provides a means of recieving credit card info - storing it for you to retrieve via a link on this page to their secure page . sounds perfect for small business looking for an alternative means of setting up online sales - but without the need or want, for a Processing Gateway.

It's OK using an SSL cert for processing the card, but it kind of kills then need when your sending the requests by email...

gate2vn said:
- have you got your own SSL certificate? if no, you need to order one first
- do you have access to WHM, that allows you to install SSL certificate? If no, you will need to contact them to install it for you

And a dedicated ip also needed it wont installed on the shared ip which u share with other customers.

Cheers

Back