• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help needed to get eu.org domain running..

mpjmcevoy

I have registered a .eu.org domain (I know it's actually a subdomain but stay with me...)

I have registered at Portland for webspace and I think notified them of the domain i intend to use there

I have a mydomain account but don't really know how to use it

On trying to link xxxyyyzzz.eu.org to my portland account of the same name I get the following error on the eu.org site.

Checking IP 212.15.64.83 for NS0.PORTLAND.CO.UK...ok.
Checking IP 212.15.64.25 for NS1.PORTLAND.CO.UK...ok.
Error: NS0.PORTLAND.CO.UK not authoritative for domain XXXYYYZZZ.EU.ORG.
Error: NS1.PORTLAND.CO.UK not authoritative for domain XXXYYYZZZ.EU.ORG.
2 error(s), stopping.

Can somebody help me by talking me slowly through the steps I have to take to get this darn thing to work...

I essentially want to have the ability to use subdomains of the main (sub)domain, but right now getting http://www.xxxyyyzzz.eu.org to work would be a start.

Many thnaks in advance

Marty P.

How long did you wait before trying? It should take over 24 hours after you signed up for the eu.org domain before the portland servers will be "authoritative".

First portland...

To get a eu domain working you should register at portland,
then wait 2-3 days and then start the registration process at eu.org

JF B

End then...

And how long after going through this process should i expect or hope my new (sub) domain to actually being pointing at something - I have the mydomain and portland bits set up correctly for the various names, and I've got the message that the checks have been made by eu.org and they 'will inform me' - how long am i likelyly to be waiting - at this stage it's been several days...

Back