• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help with Ikonboard..

Mr. Dogg

Now, I know nothing about cgi, perl, or anything else so I need a little help on this.

It says:

In your 'CGI-BIN' directory create a directory called 'ikonboard' and create the following directories.

cgi-bin/ikonboard/data
cgi-bin/ikonboard/help
cgi-bin/ikonboard/members
cgi-bin/ikonboard/messages
Set the CHMOD (or Permissions) value to '0777' (drwxrwxrwx).
If your webhost will not allow this, set the CHMOD value to '0755' (-rwxr-xr-x).

How exactly do I CHMOD a file and what files should I do it to. I'm using WS_FTP 95 Pro. Will I be able to set the CHMOD to 0755 on it? And also, I'm using F2s.com..they meet all the requirements right??

Thanks

Not to familiar with WS_FTP 95 Pro, but you should be able to highlight a file, or group of them, then right click and pick 'CHMOD'. From there set the permission.

Not to familiar with WS_FTP 95 Pro, but you should be able to highlight a file, or group of them, then right click and pick 'CHMOD'. From there set the permission.

I could highlight files and right click and pick "CHMOD" but then there is no place to put a 0777.

It's designed like this:

Owner Group Other

Read Read Read
Write Write Write
Execute Execute Execute

And I can check or uncheck next to read write or execute..thats all that it has

actually, 755 is:

x x x
x
x x x

read = 4
write = 2
execute = 1

first column is 7 (read + write + execute)
second colum is 5 (read + execute)
third column is 5 (read + execute)

for 777, select all.

Whats up with the F2S FTP?? I'm trying to enter but it won't even list the items anymore..is it just my FTP or is it like that for everyone right now?

Get a better FTP client

CuteFTP has the check boxes and the manual enter. LeapFTP (what I use) has the textbox only, which is alot easier than check boxes, and WS_FTP only has check boxes :(.

Can someone just please do this for me?? I'm having so much difficulty..I've been trying it all day but it isn't working. For some reason when I go to the install page it says forbidden or something..if someone is willing to do this for me please reply..

One more thing..when I try to chmod to 0777 or 0755 on f2s.com ftp..it says:

500-'SITE CHMOD 755 data help' not understood.
500 CHMOD not understood.
! CHMOD failed. It may not be supported on the remote host.

HELP!!

Back